Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
The need for a proper roll out I guess. Maybe they're also adding and taking away songs trying to get it right.

I for one am glad they are taking their time to get it right. fukk the microwave era. Y'all could wait for good music.
I can rock with the "good work needs time" sentiment but I don't like when an album is supposedly ready for months and still no news on when it's gonna be released.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You have to give Gibbs time to reset how he wants to present Bandana because of the jail experience. Plus he did drop Yolo, so ..............

But ultimately, i don't think it's Gibbs who is holding it up. I think Madlib decides when the record is finished, NOT Gibbs. :manny:
I would agree with this. I think Madlib is the wait as well.
The need for a proper roll out I guess. Maybe they're also adding and taking away songs trying to get it right.

I for one am glad they are taking their time to get it right. fukk the microwave era. Y'all could wait for good music.
That's my position too. The wait for Pinata was pretty long if you consider when they announced it and how many EPs they dropped. I bet it was at least a couple years from the Thuggin EP to the actual album. And I'd be fine with a rollout like just like the first album too---Release a few singles as EPs with a B-side and an instrumental that's not on the actual album.

Edit: Thuggin' came out in 2011 and the actual album came out in 2014. They released an EP (2 songs and an instrumental) each year leading to to the album. Thuggin' in 2011, Shame in 2012, and Deeper in 2013. Then the album drop in 2014.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
A version of the album was probably done like a year ago but the original beats for it were what Kanye turned down for "The Life Of Pablo". Because Madlib was supposed to produce that. Since then Gibbs and Madlib have popped up on social media together several times so I'm assuming he gave Gibbs a bunch of new beats, too.

Fred.
If it comes out this year I'm ready to declare this year as the best hip-hop year I can remember in a looong time. This year has already been incredible and there's so much dope shyt left, and the year is not even halfway over. If the year ended right now this would be maybe the best year in hip-hop this side of 2010.

:banderas:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

That's my position too. The wait for Pinata was pretty long if you consider when they announced it and how many EPs they dropped. I bet it was at least a couple years from the Thuggin EP to the actual album. And I'd be fine with a rollout like just like the first album too---Release a few singles as EPs with a B-side and an instrumental that's not on the actual album.
Yeah, if its Stones Throw (or Madlib Invazion) handling the release, they still follow the old process of rolling out albums over the course of a few months...

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Where did you hear that, I'm googling and now they saying Freddie Gibbs knock up his sidepiece
https://bossip.com/1605762/isnt-he-...ly-knocking-up-secret-sidepiece-avoiding-her/

Also his wife taking pics like this so you know it's probably a wrap

Good Lawd :wow: Look at them honey baked hams. I hate this happened to the brother Gibbs but he gonna let it all out in the music. On You Only Live Twice he talked about her holding him down in jail though too.

Any official word on it?

shyt, dudes were sayin' it a few posts back. I'ono if da shyt is true of not.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I can rock with the "good work needs time" sentiment but I don't like when an album is supposedly ready for months and still no news on when it's gonna be released.
I hear you but they will give the date in due time, it's clear they not ready to yet even if they are sitting on tracks together. Also if I'm a rap artist I'm not dropping in June when Kanye is supposedly dropping something new every week lol.

Hopefully they announce it soon but I'm sure we'll get a date eventually.

Edit: Thuggin' came out in 2011 and the actual album came out in 2014. They released an EP (2 songs and an instrumental) each year leading to to the album. Thuggin' in 2011, Shame in 2012, and Deeper in 2013. Then the album drop in 2014.
Damn brother, I don't know about waiting years for this one :russ: but if that's what they choose to do I would still appreciate it when we finally do get the album. I know it will be worth it.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Where did you hear that, I'm googling and now they saying Freddie Gibbs knock up his sidepiece
Isn’t He Engaged? Rapper Freddie Gibbs Put On Blast For Allegedly Knocking Up Secret Sidepiece & Dodging Her

Also his wife taking pics like this so you know it's probably a wrap

Good Lawd :wow: Look at them honey baked hams. I hate this happened to the brother Gibbs but he gonna let it all out in the music. On You Only Live Twice he talked about her holding him down in jail though too.

Any official word on it?

Erica & this chick got a show together somewhere?
:whew: