Frank Ocean - Channel Orange Listening Session Album Review

swerve

All Star
Daps
:wow:

Im gonna cop. Nostalgia is still in rotation. Best album of 2011.

five more miles till the road runs out :wow:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Based on this the album is going to be crack literally and metaphorically if it is that damn good

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
like I said, I think this album is might be piff. But I will wait to hear it because the hype regarding him hasnt impressed me thus far. All I really like from him is Acura Integurl.

Back when OF first popped off I was on the wagon...then when everybody started joining too and bigging him up more than what he really was it repulsed me.. It was actually around the time my girl and I broke up too so maybe I wasnt tryna hear that shyt but people were urging me to listen and I was like :rudy: I was on him before you. Had to open the wagondoor and walk back home :manny:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like I said, I think this album is might be piff. But I will wait to hear it because the hype regarding him hasnt impressed me thus far. All I really like from him is Acura Integurl.

Back when OF first popped off I was on the wagon...then when everybody started joining too and bigging him up more than what he really was it repulsed me.. It was actually around the time my girl and I broke up too so maybe I wasnt tryna hear that shyt but people were urging me to listen and I was like :rudy: I was on him before you. Had to open the wagondoor and walk back home :manny:

hmm :yeshrug: i feel ya tho..but i got a good feeling abt this projct tho..cant wait til the 17th im equally excited abt this as i am for Nas joint

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yo brehs, I tried to ban myself from listening to pyramids until the album dropped. The ban lasted like 4 days. The piff stays on repeat :wow:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm looking forward to the album but these reviews from listening sessions are always over the top and hype albums up like it's the greatest ever.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I hate when I read shyt like, "it sounds reminiscent of mid 70s Bowie with a psychadelic splash of Bay Area funk from Sly Stone, peppered with gospel wailings of Mahalia Jackson." Journalists/bloggers do it, even the artists themselves.

STOP IT! lol There's no comparison. No one is making music on the level of those artists and albums from back then. shyt....the same artists who made who made classic albums back then - the music they make today doesnt match that superior, timeless music they made decades ago.

Just let the music stand on its own.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Smfh, nikka you sound like a hoe.