Fox Assigns Writer To Helm Silver Surfer Film

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
4jWeBIv.gif

Who does market research for these companies?? Who's looking for a Silver Surfer movie?? :mjlol:

VivZok4.png

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Is all of this taking into account the merger with Disney?

Fred.
Dont know if You saw The NEws but comcast is going To put In a Bid for sky for Like $31 billion That Will Complicate That Merger.

From wall street journal...

In one gambit, Comcast Chief Executive Brian Roberts has scrambled the game board in multiple ways. Comcast said Tuesday it was planning a £22.1 billion ($30.9 billion) offer for all of Sky, topping a rival bid from 21st Century Fox Inc. to consolidate ownership of the U.K. broadcaster. Fox already owns 39% of Sky.

Comcast’s announcement also creates complications for Walt Disney Co., which agreed to acquire an array of Fox assets, including the Sky holding, in a $52.4 billion deal hatched late last year.

As a result of Mr. Roberts’s maneuver, Fox Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch and Disney CEO Robert Iger must decide whether to outdo Comcast’s bid for Sky. Fox’s board may need to show shareholders it got the best possible value for the company’s 39% Sky stake under the deal with Disney.

Comcast hasn’t taken off the table the option of reviving its pursuit of additional Fox assets, depending on a number of factors, people familiar with the situation said, though at the moment its prime focus is on completing a Sky deal. Mr. Roberts said on a conference call Tuesday he hadn’t spoken with the Murdoch family since they broke off talks two months ago.

Mr. Roberts’s efforts are disrupting plans for two companies that have each spurned his overtures in the past. Disney in 2004 rebuffed a hostile takeover by Comcast.

Fox’s Sky bid requires approval of 75% of non-Fox shareholders in Sky, a high hurdle that Comcast feels it can prevent Fox from reaching, one of the people familiar with the matter said. Fox could switch to a bid that requires approval from a simple majority of non-Fox shareholders, but that could further lengthen the acquisition process.

Big investors, including U.S. hedge-fund manager Paul Singer’s Elliott Management Corp., have recently poured money into Sky shares, betting on a higher bid.

In its deal with Disney, Fox agreed to sell the 39% of Sky it already owns, plus the additional 61% if its bid for full ownership of the broadcaster is ultimately successful.

If Fox wanted to raise its bid for Sky or accept Comcast’s richer offer for its Sky holding, it would likely need signoff from Disney in either scenario. Fox could also hold on to its 39% stake and become a partner in Sky with Comcast.

Fox would be required to pay Disney a $1.53 billion breakup fee if Fox’s board changed its recommendation for the Disney deal. Similarly, Disney would have to pay Fox the same breakup fee if a change in Disney’s board recommendation for the merger caused Fox to end the pact.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Until any merger is complete Fox is going to operate like it's business as usual. Disney and marvel have zero saying in what's happening and can't tell Fox anything.

With Comcast now muddying the waters further any merger could still be years away. Fox is not going to just stop making films they still have jobs right now.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Man I'm torn

I would LOVE to have him make his entrance in Guardians 3..

But with the right script shyt could be epic. Please call Del Toro.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
So nobody has mentioned Bryan K Vaughn (Y The Last man and Saga) is writing the script yet?? :dwillhuh::why::whoo:
Hold on man, he is one of the best comic book writers of all time. Silver Surfer too great of a character to not have a dope movie.
This could be dope af :wow:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas screaming give back the rights, yet there's nothing that makes me confident Disney would do justice to someone like Doom beyond aesthetics. I'll take duds if it means you can get ambitious successes like Logan or Deadpool. It seems it's a moot point anyway:yeshrug:
Fox can definitely do it right with a good script and a director and producer that cares about the source material. But I would rather see Marvel get a hold to the Fantastic Four so they can integrate them into with the rest of the MCU.

X-Men I feel a little different about. I always felt that they work better when they aren't dealing with the other nonmutant superheroes.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Fox can definitely do it right with a good script and a director and producer that cares about the source material. But I would rather see Marvel get a hold to the Fantastic Four so they can integrate them into with the rest of the MCU.

X-Men I feel a little different about. I always felt that they work better when they aren't dealing with the other nonmutant superheroes.
I agree with you about the Fantastic 4 which means I have to agree with you about Doom, because to me Doom will always be linked to Reed Richards and I don't see how you introduce him without the 4. I guess you could always retcon his past, but his obsession with Richards has always been a key factor of his personality.

The idea of everything Marvel being owned by the same company and thus being able to be connected sounds great, but the properties are so different from each other it'd just be a shame to see them all done with the same general tone and artistic vision.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
He's silver and an Alien :what:

black guys just make good voice actors when you need a deep booming voice. for every Christoper lee you have a James earl Jones, Phil Lamar, Keith David etc
U seem mad at the thought of him being black