Fox Assigns Writer To Helm Silver Surfer Film

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, none of these has time to get a release date prior to merger approval.
So either the execs are planning just in case. Which is less likely because why would they be going harder that usual? It makes no sense for an extremely aggressive FOX comic book slate. Besides Deadpool they not killing the game.
It's more likely out of spite. If Marvel did send word to Fox to chill which is likely, these same execs must not think they are keeping their jobs after the merger and are just being spiteful. And at the same time being helpful to creatives in their camp to get something done, work on something in the meantime. It will make Marvel/Disney's job harder once the merger does happen. lol

The only thing that has the potential to be dope out of everything Fox announced is that Noah Hawley Dr. Doom movie.

Fred.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK ALREADY!!!:why:
All of us comic heads know this is the best move for quality...but you guys have to sit back and think of yourself being a Fox exec. Think of your lovely crib, cars, pawgs....You gonna just turn over characters that generate you HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS out of the kindness of your heart?:childplease:
Got to let it go, and just pray Disney can Deebo this situation

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the merger goes through, MCU has to use DOOM as their next big Villain. And don't nerf him either.

After what Noah Hawley did with Legion I have full confidence he will do Doom justice.

The only question is whether or not what ever he does with Doom will carry over into the MCU.

Fred.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazier info from that THR report is that New Mutants is reshooting plus adding an entirely new character? That movie was in the can and about drop a couple months from now before they punted it to 2019 and are now filming enough to toss another character in the mix of a film that was basically finished? How bad was that first version?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The crazier info from that THR report is that New Mutants is reshooting plus adding an entirely new character? That movie was in the can and about drop a couple months from now before they punted it to 2019 and are now filming enough to toss another character in the mix of a film that was basically finished? How bad was that first version?
Yeah, probably pretty bad . lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who does market research for these companies?? Who's looking for a Silver Surfer movie?? :mjlol:
:blessed: me
Marvel's cosmic stuff has always been my jam definitely the 1990s stuff when Jim Starlin was still with the company. Give me some hard sci-fi stuff without the comedy or at least kept at the bare minimum

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
No this seems to be like contingency plans in case the merger doesn't happen. Why they are going so hard seems to be out of spite of the inevitable. lol Or maybe creatives are trying to get jobs by having something dope with Marvel characters in it already done or close to it.
Whatever, although I'm not optimistic I'm down as long as shyt is quality. But I doubt any of these get filmed. A year a year and a half is a long time but not that long.

It's both. Say the government denies the deal, if they were to stop putting movies into development they'd have nothing to release in 2020 and 2021. On the other hand, if the deal does go through, a bunch of people are getting laid off, this will serve as a sort of severance package to the people working on the project.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Who does market research for these companies?? Who's looking for a Silver Surfer movie?? :mjlol:
Whoa..Surfer is easy money with the right script..He's the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe...He's the biggest omission BY FAR from the Infinity War Movies. Thanos is his arch enemy.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
nikkas screaming give back the rights, yet there's nothing that makes me confident Disney would do justice to someone like Doom beyond aesthetics. I'll take duds if it means you can get ambitious successes like Logan or Deadpool. It seems it's a moot point anyway:yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nikkas screaming give back the rights, yet there's nothing that makes me confident Disney would do justice to someone like Doom beyond aesthetics. I'll take duds if it means you can get ambitious successes like Logan or Deadpool. It seems it's a moot point anyway:yeshrug:
Fox is 0 for 2 with Doom as of right now. So yeah you took duds, past tense. lol