Fox Assigns Writer To Helm Silver Surfer Film

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
THR reports that the studio isn’t slowing down on its superhero properties. There’s the untitled Kitty Pryde movieTim Miller is set to direct with Brian Michael Bendiswriting the script; there’s the previously reported Doctor Doom moviefrom Legionshowrunner Noah Hawley; and THR adds that acclaimed comic book writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man) is working on a script for a Silver Surfer movie. Additionally, a search is underway for a new Gambit director with a new script expected by March, and New Mutants will take on reshoots this summer that will add a new character, but the film is still slated for February 22, 2019.
http://collider.com/x-force-movie-f...utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Also

Additionally, the studio is planning three X-Men movies for 2019 and another three X-Men movies for 2020.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
These fukkers need to leave it alone until Marvel gets their hands on it. Will love for Galactus and the surfer to wreck havock in the MCU.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
is this going to be another situation where I thought the character was black the whole time but really he wasn't?
He's silver and an Alien :what:

black guys just make good voice actors when you need a deep booming voice. for every Christoper lee you have a James earl Jones, Phil Lamar, Keith David etc

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Is all of this taking into account the merger with Disney?

Fred.
No this seems to be like contingency plans in case the merger doesn't happen. Why they are going so hard seems to be out of spite of the inevitable. lol Or maybe creatives are trying to get jobs by having something dope with Marvel characters in it already done or close to it.
Whatever, although I'm not optimistic I'm down as long as shyt is quality. But I doubt any of these get filmed. A year a year and a half is a long time but not that long.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yet another potential Kevin Feige retcon. studios "greenlight" 20 scripts a week so this is probably not definitive, but they need to cut the shyt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No this seems to be like contingency plans in case the merger doesn't happen. Why they are going so hard seems to be out of spite of the inevitable. lol Or maybe creatives are trying to get jobs by having something dope with Marvel characters in it already done or close to it.
Whatever, although I'm not optimistic I'm down as long as shyt is quality. But I doubt any of these get filmed. A year a year and a half is a long time but not that long.

It seems like a technicality at this point. Outside of the government stopping that it's pretty much a done deal....and while they could stop it on the grounds of it being a monopoly....generally speaking they don't give a fukk about that sort of thing as long as they get their cut. :yeshrug:

I dunno it seems like at some point Disney would step in and ask Fox to chill until the deal is finished. If these movies are trash the MCU won't use them....even if they're good it's possible Disney would want a hard reset anyway....so it kinda seems like a waste of time.

Fred

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Who does market research for these companies?? Who's looking for a Silver Surfer movie?? :mjlol:
:dahell:
Silver Surfer has been a major Marvel superhero for decades. The film featuring him only 10 years ago made 300 million in spite of it being butt cheeks on a hot bicycle seat

Marvel turned nobodies into box office smashes with Guardians of the Galaxy, so Fox feels they could do the same with a character already way more popular than they ever were

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It seems like a technicality at this point. Outside of the government stopping that it's pretty much a done deal....and while they could stop it on the grounds of it being a monopoly....generally speaking they don't give a fukk about that sort of thing as long as they get their cut. :yeshrug:

I dunno it seems like at some point Disney would step in and ask Fox to chill until the deal is finished. If these movies are trash the MCU won't use them....even if they're good it's possible Disney would want a hard reset anyway....so it kinda seems like a waste of time.

Fred
Like I said, none of these has time to get a release date prior to merger approval.
So either the execs are planning just in case. Which is less likely because why would they be going harder that usual? It makes no sense for an extremely aggressive FOX comic book slate. Besides Deadpool they not killing the game.
It's more likely out of spite. If Marvel did send word to Fox to chill which is likely, these same execs must not think they are keeping their jobs after the merger and are just being spiteful. And at the same time being helpful to creatives in their camp to get something done, work on something in the meantime. It will make Marvel/Disney's job harder once the merger does happen. lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex