Four More ‘Avatar’ Sequels Dated Through 2023

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Cameron took the stage to announce the big news. As it stands now, Avatar 2 is arriving around Christmas 2018, followed by Avatar 3 in 2020, Avatar 4 in 2022, and Avatar 5 in 2023. The very first Avatar opened in December 2009.

“We’ve decided to embark on a truly massive cinematic process,” he said at CinemaCon. “We’ve begun to bump up against the limitation of our art form. There’s just too much story.” And that, according to Cameron, is why the decision was made to expand the series. “I’ve been working with the top four screenwriters and designers in the world to design the world of Avatar going forward,” he said of the development process. “The environments, new cultures — whatever it takes to bring it to life. From what I’m seeing of the art on the wall, in pure imagination is just beyond the first film. I’m speechless.”

The Avatar sequels won’t follow a single plot thread, but rather comprise an entire cinematic universe. “Each one [of the sequels] stands alone but together form a complete saga,” said Cameron. He described the story as “a true epic saga told in this rich complex world.” Cameron has previously said Avatar 2 would take place underwater, but that was before he added more sequels. If the second film is still set in the water, though, could one or more of the sequels be air- or space-based? In any case, Cameron didn’t say much about what the plot of these new Avatar movies might be, so your guess is good as ours.

More at the link here

fukk it lets see what JC has been cooking up all these years he is a great at making sequels Aliens T2 give me a lot of faith. :manny:

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Yawn I didn't care for the first one
Visually it was incredible, but I need more than visuals to make me drop the cash on more movies...it really felt like a mash up story/dialog wise of all his movies but wasnt nearly as good as anyof them.