Foundation Season 2 - Apple TV (David Goyer/July 14, 2023)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Chetter... We out here.

I never got to finish the books, cuz i was confused as fukk as to which order i should read them shyts in :russ: I hope this doesnt get cancelled

Apple TV has been good about renewing pretty much everything for a second season. So unless the final product turns out really bad or there is some budget/creative issue it's likely to get a 2nd season.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Sex Education star teases "fricking epic" Foundation role alongside Marvel's Lee Pace

"I mean, it's like a kid in a candy shop."

BY SAM WARNER AND DAVID OPIE
09/07/2021

Foundation
by Digital Spy GB

Sex Education star T'Nia Miller has teased what to expect from new sci-fi series Foundation.

The actress, who also appeared in The Haunting of Bly Manor, spoke about working on the "fricking epic" Apple TV+ show, which is based on Isaac Asimov's groundbreaking books.

Talking exclusively to Digital Spy, Miller – who plays Halima in the show – said of Foundation: "Oh, God. Epic. Just fricking epic. I've never been so blown away by a set, by the costumes. I mean, it's like a kid in a candy shop.

t-nia-miller-1602695043.jpg

KEITH MAYHEW/SOPA IMAGES/LIGHTROCKET VIA GETTY IMAGES

"[Co-creator] David Goyer, he is just phenomenal. They've got a really good cast of newbies who, honestly, you would never know that it was their first job.

"What else can I tell you? It's shot in like 10,000 different locations across the world [laughs]. Although it's sci-fi, it's about real human stories. It's all about relationships and connections. And we care about these people.

"I can't wait for you to see it," she continued. "I had a small, small, small… a significant but small part. I'm in there for three episodes. I think that's it. But my God, the writing is incredible."

foundation-apple-tv-lee-pace-1625830867.jpg

APPLE
As for working with Marvel star Lee Pace, who takes on the role of Brother Day, Emperor of the Galaxy, Miller described him as "the best".

Opening up about their friendship, she recalled a trip with him and his partner: "We went climbing in the mountains – the trek.

"He'd go for two-hour runs in the mountains and trained for like four hours. Crazy. But just real, simple folk. Liked good food. Liked dogs. Liked the outdoors."

Foundation will premiere on Apple TV+ on September 24.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Sex Education star teases "fricking epic" Foundation role alongside Marvel's Lee Pace

"I mean, it's like a kid in a candy shop."

BY SAM WARNER AND DAVID OPIE
09/07/2021

Foundation
by Digital Spy GB

Sex Education star T'Nia Miller has teased what to expect from new sci-fi series Foundation.

The actress, who also appeared in The Haunting of Bly Manor, spoke about working on the "fricking epic" Apple TV+ show, which is based on Isaac Asimov's groundbreaking books.

Talking exclusively to Digital Spy, Miller – who plays Halima in the show – said of Foundation: "Oh, God. Epic. Just fricking epic. I've never been so blown away by a set, by the costumes. I mean, it's like a kid in a candy shop.

t-nia-miller-1602695043.jpg

KEITH MAYHEW/SOPA IMAGES/LIGHTROCKET VIA GETTY IMAGES

"[Co-creator] David Goyer, he is just phenomenal. They've got a really good cast of newbies who, honestly, you would never know that it was their first job.

"What else can I tell you? It's shot in like 10,000 different locations across the world [laughs]. Although it's sci-fi, it's about real human stories. It's all about relationships and connections. And we care about these people.

"I can't wait for you to see it," she continued. "I had a small, small, small… a significant but small part. I'm in there for three episodes. I think that's it. But my God, the writing is incredible."

foundation-apple-tv-lee-pace-1625830867.jpg

APPLE
As for working with Marvel star Lee Pace, who takes on the role of Brother Day, Emperor of the Galaxy, Miller described him as "the best".

Opening up about their friendship, she recalled a trip with him and his partner: "We went climbing in the mountains – the trek.

"He'd go for two-hour runs in the mountains and trained for like four hours. Crazy. But just real, simple folk. Liked good food. Liked dogs. Liked the outdoors."

Foundation will premiere on Apple TV+ on September 24.
so Lee's a mangoose. good for him, hope this really works out! Could be a top 5 show.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Trailer looks good but looking at the character names like Brother Day and others, I wonder how this will turn out since those names aren't from the books.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
I remember 3 big sci fi shows/movies coming out this year. This one, Dune w/ Zendaya, and another one I forgot.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Should be dope. They got ole boy from Chernobyl who is a beast of an actor fwiw. I do think that Three Body Problem on Netflix will be bigger when it is released in 1-2 years tho. It also spans hundreds of years.
I read a ton of scifi, never read Foundation though. Trailer looks dope tho.
Grabbed the book from the library and about halfway through. Good so far.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this shyt looking like something james cameron wish he had a hand in :wow: they put some fuuuunds into this shyt. Black faces in sci fi :blessed: hopefully they strong characters though :francis:

It's the one genre we actually have some decent representation in :mjlol: I guess because sci-fi has always been progressive and forward thinking while most (high) fantasy is mainly adhered to and fixated on Eurocentric ideals.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's the one genre we actually have some decent representation in :mjlol: I guess because sci-fi has always been progressive and forward thinking while most (high) fantasy is mainly adhered to and fixated on Eurocentric ideals.

:jbhmm: Are the black faces in the book too or were they added for the show?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
This is exactly the type of Scale I expected Apple to produce.
Bravo I'll actually use my trial now