found a Zune in my closet

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Yeah, Microsoft dropped support for it. It's pretty much defunct. Theres mods out there that allow you to migrate music back and forth. I used it probably a year ago for my co-worker who has a zune. I still have my zune, 2 of them, but I fukked them up :snoop:
I also have a Creative Zen, and when I hook that up to a PC, it pretty much acts as an external drive with no software required. So with the Zune, I would need to find some bootleg software if I want to transfer songs off it to a PC? I pretty much have most of the songs on external drives somewhere, but I missed a few artists. I haven’t had an urgency with Spotify, but you know how Spotify doesn’t have certain artists’ catalogue.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yeah, Microsoft dropped support for it. It's pretty much defunct. Theres mods out there that allow you to migrate music back and forth. I used it probably a year ago for my co-worker who has a zune. I still have my zune, 2 of them, but I fukked them up :snoop:
The Zune was a better music player than the IPod but I had a 120GB one and the batter went kaput a few years back.

Bruhs theres still online spots that will repair and fix your Zune for you in 2023.
I just had the battery and headphone jack replaced on mine earlier this year and it wasnt crazy expensive either. :whew:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
LOVED the Zune platform back in the day. My Zune 30, 80, and Zune HD were my shyt back in the day.

Problem with the Zune wasn't the hardware or software, they just came out too late. Apple had already crushed the buildings and built up too much of a lead. The Zune came out in late 2006 and by January of 07 everybody was ready to move onto the iPhone when Steve Jobs announced it during WWDC. Microsoft also didn't do much during their promo to differentiate Zune's unique features like the WiFi song sharing and later the HD Radio capabilities.

But i'll be damned if it wasn't the second best Portable Media Player I ever owned.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I have a Zune HD (128gb). Still in immaculate condition and it works. Got over 5k songs on there. I haven’t even attempted to use the software in years. It really doesn’t work anymore?
nope!

thinking about digging through these boxes some more. tons of shyt in this closet. found this zune, a couple old iPods, some ancient PC hardware, the Coli poster @Reptile and a bunch of cables tho. pretty sure i got a Gamecube in there somewhere too

:blessed:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
LOVED the Zune platform back in the day. My Zune 30, 80, and Zune HD were my shyt back in the day.

Problem with the Zune wasn't the hardware or software, they just came out too late. Apple had already crushed the buildings and built up too much of a lead. The Zune came out in late 2006 and by January of 07 everybody was ready to move onto the iPhone when Steve Jobs announced it during WWDC. Microsoft also didn't do much during their promo to differentiate Zune's unique features like the WiFi song sharing and later the HD Radio capabilities.

But i'll be damned if it wasn't the second best Portable Media Player I ever owned.
my modern android shyts on the ipod/zune but for the time, they were amazing devices

anyone here ever use rockbox on ipods? sort of an alt OS for the ipod, like putting linux on a computer. cool shyt

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Bruhs theres still online spots that will repair and fix your Zune for you in 2023.
I just had the battery and headphone jack replaced on mine earlier this year and it wasnt crazy expensive either. :whew:
im not picking on you, but getting your Zune repaired in 2023 is straight up :flabbynsick: LOL

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still got my ZuneHD, worked last time I powered it up which probably was a few yrs ago or so..

shyt never left my side for the longest until I finally converted to just throwing shyt on my phone/tablet.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I'm unsure about the s/w as I never owned a Zune. However, I owned a Rio Player (going way back). Waterproof MP3 player. But the support ended when Windows XP ended (that far back). Years later, I found out about VMWare. Downloaded it on a Macbook, and was able to transfer songs to the ol'Rio

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Pack it and keep it in a box, I am sure the value will be higher for some collector in the future

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
I still got my Zune and Zune HD, both still in their cases. We need to post picks of them on here for old memories. I also still got the Kicker ZK500 to go with it in its box. Was thinking about trying to sell all of it as a bundle a few weeks ago.