Former Sony exclusive MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What? How does this even work? This is crazy. I had no clue about this.

MLB wants to grow the brand and since The Show is the only MLB sim out worth a damn, they basically setup a deal with Sony for MLB itself to publish the game for Xbox. Sony of course gets paid from doing it and probably a reprieve on the license fee some. Nothing was stopping Xbox from making their own baseball game, but Sony took the check and agreed to let MLB publish it for Xbox. MLB in turn cut a deal with MS to put on Gamepass.

Now did they know it was gonna be on Gamepass Day 1? I doubt it OR they were good with the check/revenue they getting for it. If Sony execs are indeed mad, that's their fault for not making sure it wouldn't be on Gamepass at launch.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Isn't this literally a SONY first party title? How did they get deeboed into this?

MLB threated to take the license away and Sony bent the knee instead of playing hard ball. Now they have egg on their face b/c it's on Gamepass for free. Sony users are having to pay full freight while Microsoft owners don't pay a dime. It's a lose-lose if none of those people actually buy the game.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
MLB threated to take the license away and Sony bent the knee instead of playing hard ball. Now they have egg on their face b/c it's on Gamepass for free. Sony users are having to pay full freight while Microsoft owners don't pay a dime. It's a lose-lose if none of those people actually buy the game.
Based on what they've done to the mode I play, I might not buy it period.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Downloading now :mjlol:
Not spinning anything. If you want to talk about things most everyone is in agreement with, it's that MLB the show isn't as good as you stans try to make it out to be.

And taking franchise stuff wouldn't alter the core gameplay so if madden is trash now, it will also be trash with more franchise stuff.

That Sony stan juice so strong got nikkas caring about baseball:wow:

That Xbox stan juice so strong got nikkas downloading baseball games :wow:

:wow:
I never played a baseball game other than one on N64 :wow:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

They were not going to take the license away. MLB and it's owners/players like money. And since it's the best selling MLB game out there, removing the license only makes them less money. :comeon: