Former Naughty Dog employee shares the truth about ND

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
For the demo shown last September, the gameplay animators crunched more than I've ever seen and required weeks of recovery afterwards. One good friend of mine was hospitalised at that time due to overwork. He still had over half a year to go. There have been others since.
The reason I left is because I only want to work with the best. That is no longer Naughty Dog. :banderas: Their reputation for crunch within LA is so bad it was near impossible to hire seasoned contract game animators to close out the project. As such we loaded up on film animators.

Ultimately, ND's linear games have a formula and they focus-test the shyt out of them. While talented, their success is due in large part to Sony's deep pockets funding delays rather than skill alone. A more senior team would have shipped TLOU2 a year ago.
Dev's love Microsoft tho, EXPECT the best new games to come from the greener side moving forward. Even halo got the lead former artist from Naughty dog...

Naughty Dog senior artist Rogelio Olguin joins 343 Industries

Does that concern anyone or is it an afterthought. Most importantly should it be? Thank you for paying attention and expect the best from the only place to deliver 12tf performance this holiday season :win:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dev's love Microsoft tho, EXPECT the best new games to come from the greener side moving forward. Even halo got the lead former artist from Naughty dog...

Naughty Dog senior artist Rogelio Olguin joins 343 Industries

Does that concern anyone or is it an afterthought. Most importantly should it be? Thank you for paying attention and expect the best from the only place to deliver 12tf performance this holiday season :win:

Funny enough people who don't like the bolded have been labeled as haters for years.

And dude pretty much flat out admits that, they have a certain style and linear game play they know works and stick to it, something I've been saying about alot of Sony triple a titles for years.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Funny enough people who don't like the bolded have been labeled as haters for years.

And dude pretty much flat out admits that, they have a certain style and linear game play they know works and stick to it, something I've been saying about alot of Sony triple a titles for years.
Nothing is wrong with linear tho

Every game doesnt need to be open world

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Nothing is wrong with linear tho

Every game doesnt need to be open world
Following the same formula gets stale after a while, especially after 4+ titles. Uncharted for instance peaked at UC2, any other improvements afterwards were minimal. He wasn't trashing linear gameplay, he was trashing the lack of creativity.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Following the same formula gets stale after a while, especially after 4+ titles. Uncharted for instance peaked at UC2, any other improvements afterwards were minimal. He wasn't trashing linear gameplay, he was trashing the lack of creativity.

I got you but some ppl dont need games to reinvent the wheel

Nintendo done been made the same games hundreds of times

Breath of the Wild is the most innovative they've been

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I got you but some ppl dont need games to reinvent the wheel

Nintendo done been made the same games hundreds of times

Breath of the Wild is the most innovative they've been
Let's not compare naughty dogs gameplay mechanics to the best to ever do it :whoa: uncharted biggest Achilles heel is exactly this topic. You know you gonna climb shyt, then a set piece, then a cut scene, sprinkle in some suspect A.I. and there ya go, a naughty dog special!