Forbes Magazine Exposes Themselves As Casual

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Easy mode in games like this allow casuals to get true skill points where they don't deserve it. Get some git gud.

A bigger issue are generic game reviews shoehorned into publications where they don't fit.

Like Vogue magazine doing a gta 6 review.

Now we normally don't do this but..........

Forbes gave it a 9. Ima go check it out, said no gamer ever

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm tired of weak crybabies needing an easy mode for everything. 95% of games you can beat without an ounce of skill, so casuals need to play that. The one time there is a hard series, they still need to cry. Nah, go play something else.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The whole point of Souls game is it's difficulty. The dopamine rush you get when you defeat a tenacious boss is unlike no other.

It's like asking if someone can make a unsweetened cake. Sure it can be done but what's the fukking point? The minute a bite of this unsweetened cake is taken the result will be someone who goes "Meh.. I don't see what you guys see in cakes.. they're nothing special." They'll be some who like it but there's always that guy.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
if xcom can have saves and an easy mode and still be regarded as the most challenging and rewarding tactical turn based game among its peers, then i just don't understand the issue...

it takes no effort

Sure easy mode is the right fix...but that's only a fix if the devs see the difficulty as a problem...They clearly don't.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
that's got nothing to do with what i said lol

I mean....he's not wrong though.

From Software has built it's company off hard as fukk games. That's who they are since "Demon's Souls".

If they wanted their games to be easier they've had since 2009 to fix that. They clearly don't give a fukk.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean....he's not wrong though.

From Software has built it's company off hard as fukk games. That's who they are since "Demon's Souls".

If they wanted their games to be easier they've had since 2009 to fix that. They clearly don't give a fukk.

Fred.
From Software built their company off giant robot games :rudy:

Single player games that let people think they're elite for beating them is about as new and original as battle royale as a game mode

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From Software built their company off giant robot games :rudy:

Single player games that let people think they're elite for beating them is about as new and original as battle royale as a game mode

"Armored Core" ain't kept the company afloat since 15+ years ago. C'mon now man. What year do you think it is? :what:

That whole series has been a non-factor since "Demon's Souls" came out.

You might as well have said "King's Field". :mjlol:

Their sales and acclaim the last decade have been solely from the Soulsborne games. And now "Sekiro", which is clearly in that same lane.

Like I said if they gave a fukk about an easy mode they've had since 2009 to fix that. And they haven't....so....

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"Armored Core" ain't kept the company afloat since 15+ years ago. C'mon now man. What year do you think it is? :what:

That whole series has been a non-factor since "Demon's Souls" came out.

You might as well have said "King's Field". :mjlol:

Their sales and acclaim the last decade have been solely from the Soulsborne games. And now "Sekiro", which is clearly in that same lane.

Like I said if they gave a fukk about an easy mode they've had since 2009 to fix that. And they haven't....so....

Fred.
if you talking about what built the company :yeshrug: it is what it is

The first souls game? jank bullshyt that barely had the framework to work at all that some niche communities online talked up as some big thing. The second was cool. The third? lazy bullshyt thrown together with resused assets. They haven't even been putting together real effort since the recent jump to the mainstream - and if the goal is to do that then there's literally no effort worth speaking of that comes into play when it means chopping health and damage. that's beyond negligible when it comes to development.

yal making this a conversation about artistic integrity like I'm suggesting Lupe to dumb it down or something :mjlol:. There's plenty of games out known for their difficulty or challenge that have the option. If that's the sole thing propping up From, its a horrifically flimsy perch.

once the fad is over or they slip on the fine line they walk of aesthetic/community/challenge, they'll be right back to making giant robot games that sell no matter what

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
normal people are driving porsche's thought at least not in America, there's no ford focus version of a porsche

the whole point of the games make you figure out how to get pass each part once you do its easy because you know how to beat it

it's no different than any old school videogame where once you figure out how to be beat each boss you can breeze through the game

its just western gaming developers have ruined the video game industry making interactive movies AAA titles and these publications rating them high because of immersion lmao, games literally have zero replay value, zero game mechanics, when the whole point of a videogame is to play it

back in the day you had to get good at games by learning how to play them, people want to be able to pick up a game and automatically be good at it
this is the everyone gets a trophy attitude that is plaguing society right now.
What I don't understand is while you say all this, some of the same gamers these days would wanna use a walkthrough :dame:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The whole point of Souls game is it's difficulty. The dopamine rush you get when you defeat a tenacious boss is unlike no other.

It's like asking if someone can make a unsweetened cake. Sure it can be done but what's the fukking point? The minute a bite of this unsweetened cake is taken the result will be someone who goes "Meh.. I don't see what you guys see in cakes.. they're nothing special." They'll be some who like it but there's always that guy.
Some people got diabetes but still wanna eat cake :martin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They can eat their cake too(made with low glycemic sweetners), just not at From's restaurant :troll:
Well I don’t think those people are wrong for requesting some Splenda cake from them, and I don’t understand why current customers would be hostile to the idea.

Let everybody eat cake :blessed:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Man fukk everything, I’m not tryna play a game where I die 10,000 times. Put an easy mode in that game and I’d cop, fukk games that are unnecessarily hard :camby: