Forbes Magazine Exposes Themselves As Casual

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It clearly hurts development development time to cater to casuals

Look how often these guys are putting out high-quality titles with low disk space. We just don't have time for the feelings of trash anymore
lol take some health off and slow down animations/trim hitboxes. done, ezpz. Its not the main attraction so its not worth the effort of more.

i'm not even gonna entertain the idea that From Software games are some technical marvel that requires tons of overhead in the first place either....

but the illusion that these games are better because of a high skill floor is something the community tells itself in order to prop up themselves and the product overall.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Porche sells automatic cars for novice drivers as well as the elite though too.

who does it hurt to box out a certain kind of consumer? I get its their 'thing' but that sort of niche isn't something you bank on. fukk around with the balance one good time and your whole facade is gone overnight.
In the age of soft nikka walkthroughs, most wouldn't play the game the way it was intended., Metro comes to mind :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I like the challenge in From games, but I don’t understand why y’all would be against an easy mode for people who don’t want the challenge.

Let the casuals play too:manny:
Takes away from the true vision.

Patch them clowns an easy mode in the game of the year edition. That's adding value to an already great product .

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How would it take away from anything if it was it’s own separate mode?
Locks them into a trend of dedicating resources for casuals which is a tough gate to close. Dealing with entitled players who are trash..... Spooky. Hopefully from stays strong and keeps their upward trend steady.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I tried From Software's games, didn't like them and moved on. Don't see why that's so hard for people who always write these kind of articles when From releases a new game.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm a skilled casual. Sekiro vexed me and I've put it down for a minute. No way should there be a 'easy'' mode, that's the antithesis of the entire game.

Everything isn't for everyone, if it's too hard drop it and kim, there are a million other games

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

who does it hurt to box out a certain kind of consumer? I get its their 'thing' but that sort of niche isn't something you bank on. fukk around with the balance one good time and your whole facade is gone overnight.

And cats can buy those cars no problem. :manny:

I'm saying, From don't make those kinds of "cars". You hop in one of their "cars" for a certain kind of experience.

And I mean....they do bank on it. It ain't like they dropped 1-2 games. The Souls series is 4 deep (counting "Demon's Souls") and then they got "Bloodborne" and now "Sekiro". "Bloodborne 2" will probably get announced any day now.

They're straight without casual gamers breh.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

normal people are driving porsche's thought at least not in America, there's no ford focus version of a porsche

the whole point of the games make you figure out how to get pass each part once you do its easy because you know how to beat it

it's no different than any old school videogame where once you figure out how to be beat each boss you can breeze through the game

its just western gaming developers have ruined the video game industry making interactive movies AAA titles and these publications rating them high because of immersion lmao, games literally have zero replay value, zero game mechanics, when the whole point of a videogame is to play it

back in the day you had to get good at games by learning how to play them, people want to be able to pick up a game and automatically be good at it
this is the everyone gets a trophy attitude that is plaguing society right now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
if xcom can have saves and an easy mode and still be regarded as the most challenging and rewarding tactical turn based game among its peers, then i just don't understand the issue...

it takes no effort