For those of you who sold music online

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's dope!

Did you sell the beats individually, the project as a whole, or both?

nikka...go to his page and you'll see...

he got individual tracks for sale, I saw for 3 dollars...

The shyt adds up when you got quality work....He got some heat I may just purchase too...:youngsabo:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
nikka...go to his page and you'll see...

he got individual tracks for sale, I saw for 3 dollars...

The shyt adds up when you got quality work....He got some heat I may just purchase too...:youngsabo:

I could have just went to his page, ORRRR I could start a convo with dude...Possibly network. That's where my mind is pimp.

Building....

illadope

きんが
Daps
I dont expect anyone to buy my stuff. BUT it would be dope as hell if you guys could get me booked. I love meetin new folks and I dont have no kids haha so I can do what I want. For real though thats all im trying to do right now

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I'm about to sell my next project on bandcamp. I got a nice lil local buzz after I dropped my mixtape in October so I'm just trying to get people accustomed to paying for my shyt too. What I've been debating in my head though is if I should also bootleg my own shyt for the cheap people who might not wanna throw down the bread but is potential fan.

illadope

きんが
Daps
Man random folks cop my shyt, my biggest "fans" dont even do shyt cept retweet or like something.

DaWe

Graphic Designer
Daps
Reppin
Sweden
Branding. I see a lot of links in here but barely see any proper branding or marketing behind it. Sure maybe you have talent, a lot of people do. What's going to set you apart is your brand and marketing strategy.

There's a few in here that have a brand, but I'm not even sure they know that they have a brand that they can build on. The one that's build his personal brand the best in here is probably Tek. But there are far more that either don't have a brand or don't know that they can build on their brand, what's more fukked up is that they got mad talent as well. Most people don't buy music because of the music but of the brand (personality, art, marketing and so on). You can download the music but you can't download the brand.

Creating and maintaining your brand alone will be difficult, if you can afford it get someone that can do it and if you can't afford it then ask someone for a little bit of input atleast.

Sure you can probably have break out based purely on talent. But a record label will still look at what your brand is, because they want a profit on their investment and that investment is a lot bigger if they have to invest in a new brand and marketing around you (this more applies to a artist then a producer). It's the same reason why a track that already have a hook sells both faster and at a higher rate.

TLDR; You need a proper brand to sell your music.