For those of you who sold music online

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
how did you go about it? i was looking up some stuff and i was leaning towards the reverbnation package where they send the music out to the different websites to be sold so you don't have to do it invididually. howd everyone else go about it? thanks...

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I haven't sold music online but that package you mentioned sounds like its a service you have to pay for and I would not necessarily pay other services to sell my stuff, kinda seems backwards to me :manny:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
jesus christ illadopes beats are amazing How are u not rich?
GiWX1.gif

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
we were thinking about putting out an album at beginning of September or late August.

I'm dropping the first single off of it once Heat Up reaches 50 downloads, and I'll probably only leave Own Thing up for the first 100 downloads if it blows up anywhere near Heat Up.

I hate how itunes dictates the prices. it'll always be 10 bucks for an album. we were hoping to put it out for $5. so more people buy.

Taktical

Public Defendaz
Daps
Reppin
California
I use both the Reverbnation package and Bandcamp.....each one has its own customer base....you wanna be on itunes for all the apple users....but Bandcamp gives your more $$$ per sale and widgets you can use on your own personal website if you got one.....

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
I would recommend Soundclick VIP Page/Featured Band with a Paypal widget/link.. You can try hostbaby/cdbaby also, they will help market you everywhere but it costs

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
bandcamp is definatly something I would do...

You can name your price for individual tracks ect..Definatly looks legit.