For as much shyt as people give SONIC, he handled the 3D Transition 100x better than MEGAMAN

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This shyt fun af tho

yeah it's cool, tried it a while back

but that's really just deathmatches...a full fledged MM game in that style though is another story.

I kinda liked this:

it brought in some new elements while maintaining that classic MM feel

March Madness

All Star
Daps
Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 have aged much better than Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 imo

in some ways it did

Sonic Adventure sacrificed it's stable mechanics and gameplay for style & aesthetic.
a lot of SA1 is scripted-paths with fixed cameras.

SA1 was all about preserving "the cool" of the 2D games and setting the tone of "3D Sonic".
i didn't know there were people that hated SA1, it seemed beloved when i had it on DC

i dont remember MML1&2 being as grandoise as the Adventure series
i thought OG Rockman fans hated the Legends stuff when it came out lol

First person MM wouldn't work all that well

what are your views on Metroid Prime?
i am thinking a FPS based on MMX would basically be Metroid Prime with more linear maps

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I like Prime and think Prime wirked because it still kept a lot of its metroid roots.

I guess w/ MM I still see it as a fast paced action platformer and don't really see how that could transition as well into a full fledged FPS style game. I mean it could probably take elements from the first Mirrors Edge or maybe Portal...but I denno...it would have to be crafted well to work..

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Mega Man Legends 3 was in development hell for a long, long time. Capcom loves treating the Mega Man franchise like shyt
Capcom loves treating most their franchises like shyt.
They have some of the most idiotic decision makers in charge. They have some very unique interesting IPs that they merely sit on.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
in some ways it did

Sonic Adventure sacrificed it's stable mechanics and gameplay for style & aesthetic.
a lot of SA1 is scripted-paths with fixed cameras.

SA1 was all about preserving "the cool" of the 2D games and setting the tone of "3D Sonic".
i didn't know there were people that hated SA1, it seemed beloved when i had it on DC
You have to remember on how the gaming community tends to switch up on everyone and everything. The went from loving SA1 to hating because it's a trend to hate on things when everyone is doing it. It didn't make things any better when it was game journalist who started that shyt, but that happens to all franchises even Mega Man wasn't safe.

Thou, it mostly have to do with people playing the later ports of SA1 which had a lot of problems that weren't present in the Dreamcast version.

March Madness

All Star
Daps
You have to remember on how the gaming community tends to switch up on everyone and everything. The went from loving SA1 to hating because it's a trend to hate on things when everyone is doing it. It didn't make things any better when it was game journalist who started that shyt, but that happens to all franchises even Mega Man wasn't safe.

Thou, it mostly have to do with people playing the later ports of SA1 which had a lot of problems that weren't present in the Dreamcast version.

They switch up on every IP except Mario.

Journalists actually bend the rules for Mario...Mario 64 had a worse camera than SA1&2 but you never hear about it.

I feel like Megaman deserves the criticism.
Capcom ruined Battle Network for no reason only to roll out StarForce.
killed the MMZero franchise, only to give us ZX (which has great gameplay but ZX1 & 2 are just MMZ5 & 6 truthfully).
Stopped making Legends game completely etc etc