Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Confidence and gym besides I’m from pg I can’t help being fly
Yezzir. I'm not asking how to look better as in dressing. Body is straight, got a gym in my crib.

I'm just ready to step away from Zara, Asos, and the likes (even if it's more expensive). I've been a quantity guy forever, time to start buying some quality pieces

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Find your style (fits colors etc.) don’t try to be anyone else.

none of my regular clothes are tailored, only a few suits

shop anywhere online :yeshrug: only real noticeable brand I wear is Lacoste T shirts, everything else doesn’t matter

get your clothes dry cleaned if you’re worried about fading

The number one thing about “style” or “personal fashion” is that it has to be you. Me personally I keep it simple and have most “pops of color” are on my shoes :yeshrug:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yezzir. I'm not asking how to look better as in dressing. Body is straight, got a gym in my crib.

I'm just ready to step away from Zara, Asos, and the likes (even if it's more expensive). I've been a quantity guy forever, time to start buying some quality pieces

what u trying to spend and do u prefer more street style shyt or regular? Bloomingdale’s, Saks, etc are good. Nordstrom on the lower end. There’s a bunch of online spots too

March Madness

All Star
Daps

i do
but i tailor them myself

i used to do alterations at Neiman Marcus Dallas
so i was doing atelier work on high high-end couture stuff like BB Prorsum and Purple Label RRL.

shopping online is easier if you ditch alpha-numeric sizing (XS/S/M/L/XL...or 0-2,4-6,6-8 etc)
and just go off your own body measurements

ex.- shoulder-to-shoulder
ex- full chest/bust circumference etc etc

your thigh circumference if buying pants/trousers etc

reason i say that is because a "Medium" is going to be different everywhere you go.
there is no universal sized "Medium" from brand-to-brand.

dry clean
or
low cycle cold water wash ...
hot water strips the color pigmentation of the textiles, not all the time but on lower quality cottons it's noticeable.
hot water also shrinks a finished garment.

cold water preserves the fibers of woven textiles, even though it doesnt kill bacteria the way warm does.

when ironing "leather jackets" use a press cloth because a lot of times these leather jackets are faux.
and faux leather is actually plastic so if you iron over it the plastic melts/degrades and ruins the coats a lot of time.

buy garment bags if you worried about lent and debris and little shyt like that etc etc

accesories and outerwear...these are mostly a get-what-you-pay-for thing
if you are into suits they fit into this category as well.

fully interlined canvas suit is going to be more than a fused canvas suit etc etc

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

Only wash them when they're actually dirty, not after every use. I don't even wear my nice clothes around the house. Once I come in, I hang up my fit, and change right into some sweats and a tee.

When it is time to wash an article, use Soak, and air dry. If you must use a dryer, always use the lowest heat, but I'd advise against it whenever possible.

No-Rinse Detergent Will Make You Want To Hand Wash Everything

61gFAz3Ay8L._AC_SX425_.jpg

I use this collapsable basin when cleaning my clothes (click on the image for the amazon link)

71Edq5lzrBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Iron your clothes inside-out on the lowest heat with the steam option enabled too

Last edited: