Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It's obvious that white women like Trumpism without Trump but with Desantis being a Trump clone would that really benefit him?

And could he beat Trump in a primary?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's obvious that white women like Trumpism without Trump but with Desantis being a Trump clone would that really benefit him?

And could he beat Trump in a primary?

Breh. Mark my words. Once he wraps up the nomination (which is much easier to do in GOP primaries) he will pivot quickly to appear more palatable, and the media will be there to help him.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Breh. Mark my words. Once he wraps up the nomination (which is much easier to do in GOP primaries) he will pivot quickly to appear more palatable, and the media will be there to help him.

I don't think he could beat Trump in a primary so Trump running may actually be the best hope for the Democrats.

They have a better chance at beating Trump than someone like DeSantis in my opinion.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he could be Trump in a primary so Trump running may actually be the best hope for the Democrats.

They have a better chance at beating Trump than someone like DeSantis in my opinion.

I think trump will only fully commit to run if the field is cleared beforehand. His ego is too fragile to take the chance that he would lose in a primary after he had already been president. An entire year of polls showing that desantis has a much better chance of winning the election will push the GOP to gently push trump to the side. Now obviously they will have to kiss his ass and commit to build a statute of him in every county that he won (or some dumb shyt like this), bribe him or open up some seats for his kids to occupy....but either way it will happen. There is too much money and power at stake for the GOP to risk running him again. Just the judges issue will be enough.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think trump will only fully commit to run if the field is cleared beforehand. His ego is too fragile to take the chance that he would lose in a primary after he had already been president. An entire year of polls showing that desantis has a much better chance of winning the election will push the GOP to gently push trump to the side. Now obviously they will have to kiss his ass and commit to build a statute of him in every county that he won (or some dumb shyt like this), bribe him or open up some seats for his kids to occupy....but either way it will happen. There is too much money and power at stake for the GOP to risk running him again. Just the judges issue will be enough.
That ain’t happening.

The thing Trump showed most is that the GOP ragtag members drove the train. The GOP is an antiestablishment party.

If it’s a Dem, it helps them. But if it’s another GOPer, the Rogan, Bannon wing go Trump.

And they only have one more Trump term no matter what. They aren’t giving it to DeSantis without a fight.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ain’t happening.

The thing Trump showed most is that the GOP ragtag members drove the train. The GOP is an antiestablishment party.

If it’s a Dem, it helps them. But if it’s another GOPer, the Rogan, Brannon wing go Trump.

And they only have one more Trump term no matter what. They aren’t giving it to DeSantis without a fight.

Read this
Trump's ire grows as DeSantis' popularity with Republicans takes off - CNNPolitics

Trump just wants desantis to acknowledge him.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump’s popularity is with a certain sector of his base.

They don’t want someone else. It’s a poison pill situation. If the GOP doesn’t give them their way they will sabotage their nominee

We'll see.

If trump gives his blessing they will follow. And at the end of the day, even though he portrays an image of not giving a fuk, he is like any human, not immune to being pressured/cajoled/bribed/flattered. We saw it during the presidency. He backed down when it came to him getting the vaccine/wearing a mask, not starting a war with Iran. Also when it comes down to his die hards being in the voting booth and choosing between a Dem vs a non Trump candidate who is still going to be incredibly right wing and a soft white nationalist, theyre going to come home.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
We'll see.

If trump gives his blessing they will follow. And at the end of the day, even though he portrays an image of not giving a fuk, he is like any human, not immune to being pressured/cajoled/bribed/flattered. We saw it during the presidency. He backed down when it came to him getting the vaccine/wearing a mask, not starting a war with Iran. Also when it comes down to his die hards being in the voting booth and choosing between a Dem vs a non Trump candidate who is still going to be incredibly right wing and a soft white nationalist, theyre going to come home.
He is human and he got beat.

The chance for a rematch with a possibly weakened Biden and the Dems?

You seem to be missing the main argument of revolutionaries or insurrections. They don’t care about what is majorly popular or wanted. Most people accepted the November election as legitimate no matter how much Fox News/Newsmax said otherwise. But of that 20% and handful went into the Capitol on Jan 6 to impose their will.

if anything the stronger Biden looks the less he would want to fight. I’m pretty sure he knows he can bully his way to the GOP nomination

Last edited: