Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The package (pause) of DeSantis was wrapped up the wrong individual. His persistence on picking every single gotdamn cultural war imaginable was ridiculous.

It's one thing to open Florida due to being a tourism heavy state ok we get it. But picking fights with the CDC, denouncing Fauci and wanting to pick fights with AP African American studies, Disney, gay people or any other group that annoys him like gotdamn muthafukka like do you ever stop?

He insisted Florida (which is a layup of a state to govern) was the model for the rest of the country and he can never articulate why.

He never once specifically said how he would make your life better, asked what your needs were as a person or how things that affect your everyday day-to-day life would be better under his administration. Nah it was all grievance all the damn time. And who he would put in check.

It got totally ridiculous and petty and immature. Not to mention his blatantly obvious social awkwardness.

Fukk him and all who love him.

Honestly I think this is it. The reason being that all of the other shyt is, for better or worse, where the GOP is nowadays. A lot of that stuff is shyt that any of the major GOP candidates have to say/do to win a primary.

It seems to me that the strategic mistake he made was in how he tried to deal with trump and again his general weirdness.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Going to be interesting how Floridians handle him when he comes back to the state as a failed loser governor who rigged in his favor to run for President while still being governor at the same time bombing on the national stage. No 2028 resurgence for Ron running for office again either

Daps
Y'all gotta be easier on Gnaus, who as I recall was thinking that DeSantis might just be Trump in a more presentable package. Remember, we'd just seen Glenn Youngkin win in Virginia, which is a bluish-purple state, and it was entirely reasonable to think that Trumpism could have viable life if re-packaged in a more traditional-looking politician.

Of course, things changed once DeSantis was exposed as a pudding-sucking weirdo and white people in general overstepped their bounds by stealing hte word "woke," re-defining it, and campaigning endlessly against it. But man, that happens. Sometimes, things change. Gnaus is an insightful poster.

Now if you want to shyt on that doofus Cac Mamba, that's another story.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Y'all gotta be easier on Gnaus, who as I recall was thinking that DeSantis might just be Trump in a more presentable package. Remember, we'd just seen Glenn Youngkin win in Virginia, which is a bluish-purple state, and it was entirely reasonable to think that Trumpism could have viable life if re-packaged in a more traditional-looking politician.

Of course, things changed once DeSantis was exposed as a pudding-sucking weirdo and white people in general overstepped their bounds by stealing hte word "woke," re-defining it, and campaigning endlessly against it. But man, that happens. Sometimes, things change. Gnaus is an insightful poster.

💯

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
LovLOO.gif

Stuart Stevens, who helped lead Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential bid, summed up the fundamental problem for DeSantis and his presidential ambitions.

“There was a superficial impression that DeSantis was in the mode of big-state governors who had won Republican nominations and been successful—Reagan, Bush, Romney—but DeSantis is a very different sort of creature,” Stevens told The Times. “These were positive, expansive, optimistic figures. DeSantis is not.”

If the Florida governor’s appeal was supposed to be Trump without the baggage, that’s not what voters saw.

Instead, Stevens said, they got “Ted Cruz without the personality.”

Last edited:
Daps

I’ll co-sign this. Gnaus never came off as a fan or cheerleader; just a dude who was worried.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Best reply I read about dude's campaign.

DeSantis's campaign strategy was flawed from the jump. He believed his strongest argument was "Trump can't win, I can and will, so vote for me."

Problem 1) Trump convinced a majority of primary voters he was electable in '20, he really won the election, only it was stolen from him. Every poll on the topic showed this to be the case since Trump decreed it. Not only did it pose a major obstacle, it displayed Trump's strength. Without a shred of evidence, his words alone were capable of convincing voters that up was down and down was up.

The only way DeSantis's campaign pitch had a snowball's chance was by convincing primary voters Trump really lost to Biden in 2020 fair and square. But he feared stating this objective truth would inflame too many Trump voters.

Problem 2) The argument is dependent on Trump doing poorly in the polls. The moment he leads in a poll, the electability argument is nonsensical.

Problem 3) The "it" factor. DeSantis doesn't have it.

Problem 4) After securing the nomination, there's a general election one must win. DeSantis's 15-week bait-and-switch, no really, just kidding, 6-week abortion ban makes him toxic in a general. Dems would beat him to death daily by scaremongering a strict federal abortion ban.

Problem 5) Trump Lite. It's similar to diet heroin with daily multivitamin. Turns out, people interested in mainlining smack prefer the uncut version.

Problem 6) You cannot beat your opponent by defending and normalizing his inexcusable criminal behavior, you use it against him. You cannot go under, over or around Trump, you either go through him or die trying.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps