Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Breh trump was a terrible retail politician. His campaign and even family basically said as such. He hated meeting new people and shaking hands, has zero empathy and can't even fake it. But it didn't matter because the loyalty/support people had for him was based on his public persona and the resentment many of them had inside. His voters weren't looking for someone who would hug them while saying "I feel your pain."

Obama had to be excellent at this bc he was still relatively new to most voters, Black and his likability provided a strong contrast to Hillary.

Clinton was somewhat of a national figure but he was the best at this bc that's how you win elections in places like Arkansas. He was also running against Bush Sr. who had a reputation of being a snob who couldn't relate to most Americans. Meanwhile Clinton grew up poor, raised by a single mom after his dad died. Being able to talk to everyday ppl was how he sent the message that even though he went on to be a Rhodes scholar, Ivy league and a political prodigy, he was still "one of them."

I say that to say what kind of candidate ends up winning is oftentimes a function of the times and potential opponents. Yes, it's clearly an advantage to be good at retail politics but whether its a prerequisite I'm not fully convinced.

That being said as a matter of general campaign strategy I'm sure they are spending TONS of time trying to help him on this.

Arguably, none of this matters very much anymore. People are going to vote for their person regardless of how he shakes hands, or acts awkwardly, or whatever. Think a lot of this social media coverage of someone like Densantis is just a narrow and already decided part of the electorate, reminds me of the Trump coverage, or the Special Counsel investigation, (as seen on social media) breathless and a little smug. it's the gamification of everything factor. Everything is a funny video, or cutting clip.

And there's just as many videos that Republican voters are watching about Biden.

Don't disagree with either of you, polarization of politics will dominate who people choose to vote for...only feel like being a decent retail politician is key to having a semi-successful presidency. Considering the GOP is tired of losing, do the strategist and kingmakers still feel confident in a DeSantis?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Is it just me or does Desantis sound like he has a lot of sugar in his tank?

DeSantis got married at Disney, and if that isn't a huge red flag about his orientation, then I be fukking shocked if he DIDN'T like men.

His wife is more or less his 'Beard'.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
DeSantis got married at Disney, and if that isn't a huge red flag about his orientation, then I be fukking shocked if he DIDN'T like men.

His wife is more or less his 'Beard'.
Makes you wonder if he’s a self hating gay dude who blames being gay on his teacher mentioning penis in health education in school

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Makes you wonder if he’s a self hating gay dude who blames being gay on his teacher mentioning penis in health education in school

Well he does come from a Italian family which some of them really go after anyone who ain't Masculine. Maybe he was Sexually Abused, or maybe he just found Men more attractive than Women? Who knows, but it's clear that this guy didn't socially develop.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fergus Cullen is wary of Ron DeSantis’ conflict with Disney, dislikes how the governor once used his kids in a campaign ad, and doubts he’d support the Florida Republican’s presidential candidacy if it were any other election.

And yet Cullen, the former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP and an avowed member of the “Never Trump” movement, is still open to the Florida Republican’s White House bid — almost exclusively because of his deep dislike of former President Donald Trump.

Trump doing the lords work.

Set to the tune of “Old MacDonald,” the ad hits DeSantis for supporting a national sales tax while in Congress. It’s the second such ad in as many weeks to focus on the issue, accurately noting that the middle class would feel the brunt of the 23% tax rate that it would instill.

Honestly, if you strip out the reference to “Biden’s inflation,” it could have been the masterwork of any Democratic campaign in a swing district.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps