Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Meatball Ron :laff: :banderas:

After months of low energy and whiffing on the DeSanctimonious nickname Trump is getting back into playoff shape.

The ridiculous Diamond and Silk statement/funeral, Rihanna call out and now Meatball Ron is exactly the type of degenerate behavior many Americans look for in their leader :francis:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Pretty much.

Let's not act like it wasn't just as obvious that Trump was a clown - but he still got in anyway.

Trump as the president was an asshat that only appealed to racists.

However trump the 2016 nominee was actually making promises to everyone. He was going to fix healthcare, rebuild the infrastructure and create new jobs, bring back jobs from chy-nah, build a wall to keep Mexicans from taking our jurbs, rip up NAFTA, take oil from the middle east, and last but not least, protect social security. I hate to say it but he got people to vote that usually don't vote.

Desantis is none of this and is just running on the late stage maga wave and fascism

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I'm gonna revisit this thread when all you worried asses watch this charlatan shyt the bed.

Good luck keeping that for an entire campaign trail for 18 months.

Another thing people need to think about is whether or not desantis can beat trump if there are more than 4 republican candidates. The maga contingent will vote for trump no matter what but nominees like Nikki Haley, ted Cruz, Rubio, or any other maga lite nominee will chip away at Desantis' votes during the Republican nomination.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Another thing people need to think about is whether or not desantis can beat trump if there are more than 4 republican candidates. The maga contingent will vote for trump no matter what but nominees like Nikki Haley, ted Cruz, Rubio, or any other maga lite nominee will chip away at Desantis' votes during the Republican nomination.

He will get into who can be the most "MAGA" while having a sense of entitlement and attempt to say "only I can stop the woke movement" and once someone asks him about national defense, Chips Act, healthcare or non social redmeat (pause) issues he will come undone.

That mentality will work in non diverse and GOP strongholds. But in a general electorate it will get stale fukking fast.

I'm not saying don't take him serious. But if I were debating him I would do what Biden did Giuliani- "A noun, a verb and woke". I'd fukk with dude. Like hey crowd how many times will this dude say "woke" during this debate.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump as the president was an asshat that only appealed to racists.

However trump the 2016 nominee was actually making promises to everyone. He was going to fix healthcare, rebuild the infrastructure and create new jobs, bring back jobs from chy-nah, build a wall to keep Mexicans from taking our jurbs, rip up NAFTA, take oil from the middle east, and last but not least, protect social security. I hate to say it but he got people to vote that usually don't vote.

Desantis is none of this and is just running on the late stage maga wave and fascism

Do you realize how close trump was to winning in 2020?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Non maga voters will coalesce around the one nominee the party thinks has the best chance to win. Republicans don't like messy primaries. I don't think Rubio or Cruz will run. Major GOP candidates I think will be trump, desantis, Haley, Scott, pence, and possibly Youngkin and noem. The "moderate" contingent will be Hogan and Sununu but I don't take them seriously at all.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has made freedom his calling card, but some conservatives have become skeptical of how liberally the Republican leader is using government power to impose his will.

Among GOP donors, leading conservative voices and even some supporters, there is a growing concern that DeSantis has overstepped in his fight against “wokeness” as he seeks to shore up conservative support ahead of a highly anticipated 2024 campaign for president. Several potential rivals for the GOP nomination have seized on DeSantis’ brash approach and top-heavy governing style to draw sharp contrasts with the popular Republican.

As Florida state lawmakers met earlier this month to hand DeSantis new authority over Disney World – punishment for the company’s opposition to a measure restricting certain classroom instruction about sexual orientation and gender identity – Republican Gov. Chris Sununu of New Hampshire took a shot at the power grab.

“I’m a principled free-market conservative,” said Sununu, who is also weighing a bid for president. “For others out there that think that the government should be penalizing your business because they disagree with you politically, that isn’t very conservative.”

Even among would-be allies, DeSantis has made critics.

The Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression, a right-of-center First Amendment group that argued for White nationalist Richard Spencer’s right to speak on a Florida campus, has joined DeSantis in opposing diversity, equity, and inclusion, or DEI, programs. Nevertheless, the group has repeatedly criticized Florida’s heavy-handed approach to forcing conservative beliefs on universities and is suing the state over the Stop WOKE Act, a DeSantis-backed measure that legislated how professors teach certain topics.

“You cannot censor your way to freedom of expression,” said Will Creeley, FIRE’s legal director. “You cannot trade one orthodoxy for another. What we’ve seen recently in Florida is a troubling willingness to do just that.”

DeSantis, though, has no shown no signs of halting. In a little over a month since he was sworn in for a second term, DeSantis has settled a score with Disney, threatened to end Advanced Placement classes in Florida, took over a small liberal arts college and vowed to put guardrails on how banks lend money. He has punished political enemies, disrupted institutions, consolidated power and imposed his will on businesses – all in the name of stopping “wokeness.”

His political committee did not respond to a request for comment on Sununu’s remarks. But DeSantis has defended his approach in the past.

“Corporatism is not the same as free enterprise, and I think too many Republicans have viewed limited government to basically mean whatever is best for corporate America is how we want to do the economy,” the Florida governor said at a speech last year at the National Conservatism Conference. “My view is, you know, obviously free enterprise is the best economic system, but that is a means to an end.”

Looking at the long term​

While the record DeSantis is building is almost sure to play well with many GOP primary voters, a sense of concern is palpable, particularly on matters of race, among some Republicans who are supportive of the governor.

“Being perceived as racially insensitive is not a good place for him to be in the long term,” a Republican supporter of DeSantis said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to talk frankly about an area of rising worry.

The supporter pointed directly to the fight over an Advanced Placement course on African American studies and DeSantis’ quarrel with the College Board, saying the governor could alienate some voters who would otherwise be supportive.

Another Republican fundraiser close to the governor told CNN that there is concern DeSantis is going overboard with “anti-woke stuff” but added: “You’ve gotta win the primary first.”