First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

PS5/XSX - 1280x720p
-XSS - 768x436p
-Using FSR2 to upscale the image to 4K using its ultra performance mode
-If you change to 1080p in settings, game will use FSR2 quality mode.
XSS has settings like foliage and shadows lower
XSX holds a 5-10fps difference over PS5 version
XSS holds its 60fps pretty well

Word is the PC version had some crazy requirements and people can’t lock to 60fps at higher resolutions there either.

I think devs are in a transition period where they got all these new techniques, but they aren’t very efficient and they have not had the time to really work on optimizations and efficiency on the various hardware available.

Because honestly this game and other recent next gen only games( FF16, Jedi survivor) don’t really look all that much better than cross gen games. Something like Cyberpunk still looks really good compared to those games, and it’s open world and 60fps.

I think dropping last gen consoles, also means they drop allot of the optimization techniques they worked on for years.

At this point they are just using all the extra power to brute force the games to work, it’s why even high end PCs struggle with these games. Gonna take some time before they start implementing some efficiency and optimization techniques.

I know it’s good to push the technology forward. But i wonder how these games would have turned out if they just used all the old techniques and turned stuff up to the max. Or maybe we were pretty much at the end of what was possible with those techniques.

Thoughts?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
umcv5xj.jpg