First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
no he's not out the window months ago. people insult people all the time. but if you have something they want. they coppin. regardless. and most white people were not even mad about the comment. most of them laughed at it because they were saying it themselves. not about that ucla game but in general. white guys come up to you all the time on the court "he hee, you know us white guys can't jump.."

its a running joke. been that way since before the movie and after the movie dropped with which was years ago.

only people in sports talk radio/TV made a huge deal about it and it was ran around all over the place. you notice no one is talking about it now. on to the next thing to hate lavar for. lol.

all that has to happen is that he keeps coming with fly looking apparel, and quality apparel. HIGH quality. dont mess around and find out its made 100% in america. probably aint. but if it was, that right there is an easy selling point. "Oh so you aint going to buy a REAL AMERICAN brand?"

The entire time i had a feeling lavar wasnt pushing a normal run of the meal basketball shoe based on his sons ability or status as players. but more so as high end apparel. like a pair of yeezies. now that the ball family is well known. we start hitting you with these legit. high end apparel. they could easily be the like the half black kardashians. but unlike them ladies, these dudes actually have some real legit talent of some sort.
Man white folks was furious over that sh*t:what:He crossed out a large demographic by saying the sh*t he said about white basketball players. What white dude is going to buy his white son some BBB's let alone the price of them? Even Jordan sold his soul on some "Republicans buy shoes too sh*t". I hated that comment but he let it be known he was all about moving product no matter what. Lavar is reckless and short sighted.

-but anyways Lonzo has to be a star for BBB to even get close to taking off. So its still gonna be on Lonzo's play, not pops mouth.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ZO2 are a worldwide trending story, yet it's not even available until one month into the NBA season. That is genius marketing, he's on every major sports and sneaker outlet without a penny spent on mainstream media advertising yet!

You guys really think all of the sneakers will be this price? Of course not. There is a reason they won't be available until November. Remember Gucci has shoes from the $395 price range up all the way up to $2k. This is the attention grabber and when the season rolls around the affordable pairs and alternate color ways will roll out and people will cop.

This accomplished four major goals one month before the draft...

A. Now the world knows that the BBB sneakers are on par with every other brand design wise. Lonzo's first shoe is a better looking shoe than the signature shoes of 2 time reigning NBA MVP Steph Curry. In the other threads you guys didn't even think that was possible (Oh he needs to hire designers, logo is trash, he doesn't have the manufacturing connects of Nike, Adidas etc)

B. The other players on the coming into the draft this year now know it's possible to get a dope signature shoe from BBB. I would not be surprised if Lavar has another lottery pick signed before the start of the next season.

C. Lavar just showed that he didnt need the major shoe companies and before Lonzo has even been drafted he has his own signature shoes. Basketball players are amongst the most competitive people in the world, do not think for one second Josh Jackson and Markelle Fultz aren't sitting at home thinking "I want my own shoe too." That will at minimum change how players negotiate their shoes deals from now on, because no one will want to wait 5 years to get their own signature shoe when someone in their draft class comes into the league with their own shoe.

D. He immediately separated BBB from Li-Ning, Starbury's, Shaq's, Olajuwons or the like, hence avoiding the cheap stigma that will keeps many from wanting to rock a new basketball brand. By setting the price point at $500 for the flagship shoe, it's being rolled out as an exclusive brand. While the cost is too high for a basketball shoe (well at least to me personally), when we see anyone wearing them we will automatically assume they "got money to blow" so to speak. And in the era of social media everyone wants to appear like they got it and are living a baller lifestyle. Do not underestimate the power of subliminal manipulation on the masses. If he can get a buyer at Saks / Neiman's etc to bite who's to say the next generation of ZO2 won't encroach on the Raf Simons / Rick Owens lane? Does anyone know what these guys look like? The entire world will know what Lonzo looks like if the Lakers draft him. He doesn't need to replace any brand, just get a small % of the pie and the shoe game is changed forever.

Are you guys really telling me Adidas can sell these for $500 and BBB doesn't have a shot?
11192027ib_14_f.jpg

11229952uw_14_f.jpg

Let this man cook.

:bronknight:

:ohhh:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lavar a marketing genius :wow:

I'm already seeing hypebeasts planning to buy these joints :russ:

That's why he put the price so ridiculous so people would talk about it ..watch them release a cheaper version after

Bruh this been talked on every show yesterday and today.

This will probably be talked about on first take and undisputed :deadmanny:

Dan LeBatard just said if Lavar had price the shoes at $99, nobody would be talking about them

But since it's at $495 it gets people talking.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
how do you know lavar doesnt know his customer base? is it because a bunch of average money makers to below average money makers THOUGHT the shoe would be for them? Well you thought wrong. it aint for us. it's for BALLLLERS. the wealthy, the rich people. those entertainers you see that got it like that. the kids of money making businesses.

i will say this one last time. Elon Musk did it with tesla. he created his own Mercedes Benz big body without creating a honda civic first. how did he pull it off? sure it had some stuff people wanted in it. But he knew who could afford it. and he knew who he was aiming at. lavar knows exactly who he's aiming at. and it surely isnt you or I.

So never say it can be done a different way then what you've first were told or seen. Tesla has proved it can worked completely differently out the gate.
They literally did it backwards. the started with a super luxury price point, then started to come down to a semi normal price point on their next vehicle. you know how many people were pissed when they found out the cheapest tesla was like 65k, and the edition with everything in it was like 90k. so what. he didnt make it for REGULAR people.

You also continue to ignore the fact that Musk had hundreds of millions dollars in support and his company isn't profitable yet (they are expected to be for the first time this year). Tesla is an example of an innovative IT company. Nothing about BBB is innovative. They're overpriced garbage being pushed by a man determined to pimp out his son and you're falling for the narrative