Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Good for her pursuing this worthwhile cause. I will support

I disagree with "...water AND milk are the best options for your kids..."

Assuming she's referring to cows milk...cows milk is not the best choice for kids
I agree that cow milk is overrated from a health standpoint but i never understood the whole debate around.
I don't know anybody that goes out to eat and orders a glass of milk as their beverage of choice. Most people use milk for cereal, its used in cooking.
And lets be honest milk is the least unhealthy part about a bowl of cereal,. we basically eat candy soaked in milk for breakfast, changing it to candy with almond milk isn't going to make anyone that much heathier. should be advocating for healthier cereals

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

House passes bill allowing schools to serve whole milk​

12/13/23

87c26bdad40e44acab1e35fede1101bf-e1695829793890.jpg

Second-grade students select their meals during lunch break in the cafeteria at an elementary school in Scottsdale, Ariz., Dec. 12, 2022. (AP Photo/Alberto Mariani, File)

The House has passed a bill allowing whole milk to be served in school cafeterias for the first time since 2012.
The Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act, which permits the National School Lunch Program to serve whole milk, passed 330-99 in the House on Wednesday afternoon. It now heads to the Senate.

Regulations have stipulated which kinds of milk can be offered in school cafeterias since 2012 when then-First Lady Michelle Obama moved to only permit low-fat milk variations.

The Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act, introduced earlier this year by Rep. Glenn Thompson (R-Pa.), revises those Obama-era requirements for milk. If approved by the Senate and the measure becomes law, kids would have the options of whole, reduced-fat, low-fat, and fat-free flavored and unflavored milk in school cafeterias.
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) pushed for the expanded milk options with a seasonal twist in comments on the House floor on Wednesday.
“If whole milk is a good option to fuel Santa’s extraordinary Christmas Eve journey, then why isn’t it an option for American schoolchildren in their lunchrooms?” she said.