First Firewall & Iceberg, Now Hollywood Prospectus... (For My Podcast Heads)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Starting this fall, Collider.com (now a sister site of Complex magazine) does a Videocast review & disscussion on their offcial YouTube channel for the following shows after each episode:

"The Walking Dead"
"Arrow"
"The Flash"
"Supergirl"
"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
"Star Wars: Rebels"

& some others.

:russ: I watch none of those

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
If y'all are interested in a Black site that does audio podcast & written reviews for Genre TV shows, I suggest "Project Fandom":

Link: Project Fandom

This the twitter account of Ol' girl who run the site: Nina Perez (@AuthorNinaPerez) on Twitter

That broad is so fukking annoying and her co-hosts too. I made its through a couple eps before I had to unsubscribe. 1st podcast I'm came close to 1 starring on itunes.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjcry: @steadyrighteous @TheNatureBoy @Jello Biafra @FlyRy They've blessed us with a 2017 Winter TCAs reunion episode:

Hey, remember that podcast I used to do with my old pal, Young Dan Fienberg? Us working for different publications has made a full-time reunion impossible, unfortunately, but every now and then, Dan and I wind up in the same place and get a chance to record a conversation about TV.

Our latest opportunity to do that came on my final day at the TCA press tour earlier this month, where we went back and forth between discussing notable TCA events and shows we had enjoyed, along with two full-ish length review discussions of The Young Pope and Riverdale.

We waited til my last day so we would have as much to discuss as possible, but the disadvantage of doing that is that I was in the throes of full-on press tour brain, and completely forgot to bring up perhaps our most important shared moment of the tour, particularly from the perspective of the old podcast: Dan meeting and negotiating a truce with Andrew Santino, aka Bruce from Mixology, now starring in Showtime’s upcoming drama about the ’70s stand-up comedy scene, I’m Dying Up Here. Despite my entreaties to record a postscript via Skype, Dan’s not having it, so you’ll just have to imagine what it was like for Dan and Andrew/Bruce to shake hands, talk about the problems with Mixology, and then have a perfectly pleasant conversation about stand-up culture and this new show.

The whole discussion’s embedded on SoundCloud for you to enjoy, even if it’s Bruce-less.

@MartyMcFly What happened to Hitfix? Did they get absorbed by Uproxx or something?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
According to Sep in his post on Uproxx a new pod of some sort is coming. Might not be with Fienberg, but I'm glad to have a TV reviewer whose opinion I trust back in any way.

Why not?

They lost money on the investment. They acquired it thinking it was the hottest shyt ever but in reality, it kinda isn't from a numbers standpoint. So one of the owners was actually voted off and a lot of things changed due to them spending money on needless shyt and bad investments.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They lost money on the investment. They acquired it thinking it was the hottest shyt ever but in reality, it kinda isn't from a numbers standpoint. So one of the owners was actually voted off and a lot of things changed due to them spending money on needless shyt and bad investments.

I can see that.

I knew of HitFix, but literally only because of the Firewall & Iceberg podcast and those two dudes' reviews and Sepinwall being one of the most respected TV dudes out, but outside of that I never ventured to the site. I don't know any of the numbers, and I could see it being a decent investment at a low price, but I've never been under the illusion that HitFix was a poppin' site.

Dope insight though. I fukks with Vince Mancini, so having him and Sep on the same platform is a good look I guess.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@MartyMcFly What happened to Hitfix? Did they get absorbed by Uproxx or something?

Yup got absorbed and apparently it wasn't a smart investment

I can see that.

I knew of HitFix, but literally only because of the Firewall & Iceberg podcast and those two dudes' reviews and Sepinwall being one of the most respected TV dudes out, but outside of that I never ventured to the site. I don't know any of the numbers, and I could see it being a decent investment at a low price, but I've never been under the illusion that HitFix was a poppin' site.

Dope insight though. I fukks with Vince Mancini, so having him and Sep on the same platform is a good look I guess.

:mjgrin: WOW!! How did they come to that conclusion? I fukked with Hitfix, but they aren't a website that has reporters that break news like EW does.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Props @satam55. I used to be a big fan of the podcast, I still check out both of their written work sometimes but it was cool listening each work to their views on shows. Right now, my favorite is The Watch, although Andy/Chris cover more than just TV.