First Firewall & Iceberg, Now Hollywood Prospectus... (For My Podcast Heads)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Did the Firewall & Iceberg podcast ever do a review for Starz's "Power"? I might jump into that show (or "Luther") this week, but I can't find the episode where they did "Power".
I never really listened to sepinwall. Im more of a film podcast guy i really dont listen to tv ones other than greenwald

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I never really listened to sepinwall. Im more of a film podcast guy i really dont listen to tv ones other than greenwald

I'm the opposite. The only film podcasts I listen too are the ones where they make fun of bad movies, and (RIP) Do You Like Prince Movies?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I'm glad that Andy and Chris will be back doing podcasts. I thought they were supposed to drop another one this week, but I haven't seen it yet.

I like Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan. I fukk with Mo Ryan because she isn't afraid to speak out on the issues in Hollywood when it comes to diversity or poor writing of characters, the last podcast where she was breaking down the numbers and how directors are chosen to direct episodes was insightful.

If you like TV news, I also listen to IGN's Channel Surfing.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I'm glad that Andy and Chris will be back doing podcasts. I thought they were supposed to drop another one this week, but I haven't seen it yet.

I like Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan. I fukk with Mo Ryan because she isn't afraid to speak out on the issues in Hollywood when it comes to diversity or poor writing of characters, the last podcast where she was breaking down the numbers and how directors are chosen to direct episodes was insightful.

I might re-subscribe just to hear this.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So nobody gonna mention Black podcasts in here?

You sound like you've been spending some time in TLR :russ:

But about these podcasts - are they good? Are the critics/journalists credible? Is their taste good?

Drop some names, breh.

I honestly don't know of too many black podcasts where the focus is exclusively on TV though.

If y'all are interested in a Black site that does audio podcast & written reviews for Genre TV shows, I suggest "Project Fandom":

Link: Project Fandom

This the twitter account of Ol' girl who run the site: Nina Perez (@AuthorNinaPerez) on Twitter

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I might re-subscribe just to hear this.

:ohhh:

@TheNatureBoy

That convo about directors and diversity was a fascinating listen.

:feedme: Which episode was it? I'm gonna go listen to it later.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
OP - check out 'Denzel Washington Is The Greatest Actor Of All Time, Period' - it's W. Kamau Bell and Kevin Avery's podcast about Denzel's filmography - really insightful and pretty damn funny. Not TV but very cool when it comes to filling a couple of hours with some interesting convo.

Here's the one with Spike from a couple of weeks ago:

For TV and culture in general - I fux with FanBros. They cover a pretty wide range of stuff.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Starting this fall, Collider.com (now a sister site of Complex magazine) does a Videocast review & disscussion on their offcial YouTube channel for the following shows after each episode:

"The Walking Dead"
"Arrow"
"The Flash"
"Supergirl"
"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
"Star Wars: Rebels"

& some others.