First African American Olympian figure skater broke and in abusive relationship with hillbilly.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
when gawd calls us baek intew his kangdumb

i'll take all yew sons a' bytches when i go :lawd: yodelayheehoo!!

don't touch the trim!!:damn:

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
I remember something from way back in the day about her having a bit of a breakdown from all the pressure since childhood to be perfect and high achieving and always a good representative of black people to the point she couldn't make a single misstep and every choice she made had to be about being impressive more than what fit her best.

It's why she relinquished the spotlight so easily.
Her parents also raised her super white-washed, always the token and perfect black ambassador but somehow past race and raceless. The racism she faced in figure skating really effed her up given that her parents didn't prepare her for reality in any way.

ETA:
I can't stand Iyanla or her stupid shows or her approach of airing people's dirty laundry while bellowing at them to be honest but neglecting the mental health aspect.
I just read that apparently Debi has had a history of some mental health related issues that were glossed over while Iyanla was basking on her soapbox.

Last edited:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
This chick really has mental issues. I was watching the episode and the trailer was so bad the camera's wouldn't even show it. Also she abandoned her teenage son to take care fo this hillbilly and his seed.
I think she's profoundly mentally ill and not being treated. It's so sad.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He abused her, and he doesn't bring much to the table. How great CAN this hillbilly redneck be for her?

:manny:

She probably don't bring much either if she's living in his trailer but she needs to leave if he's abusive.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Thomas then graduated from Stanford with an engineering degree in 1991 and from Northwestern Medical School in 1997 and became an orthopedic surgeon.

Thomas said she was fired twice from doctor jobs and, according to the TV show, divorced twice.
This is damn sad and the above is the saddest part . How did she get fired? She sounds like she is unstable and unable to hold down a job.

There must be drugs, mental issues, or alcohol involved here somewhere not mentioned.