Fire John Gibbons: Official Toronto Blue Jays 2015 Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
id actually go
price, dikkey (with the dome close), stroman, estrada and then price if you need him game 5

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Apparently MLB decides if the Dome is closed or not. But yeah I got no problem with that lineup.

5°C10°C15°C20°C25°C
  • Daily forecast high temperature
  • Daily forecast low temperature
  • Historical Average Temperatures over 30 years
High
Low
P.O.P
Mon
Sep
28.png

22°C
18°C
40%
Tue
Sep
28.png

22°C
12°C
70%
Wed
Sep
2.png

17°C
10°C
20%
Thu
Oct
2.png

16°C
11°C
20%
Fri
Oct
6.png

15°C
11°C
40%
Sat
Oct
29.png

13°C
11°C
70%
Sun
Oct
28.png

14°C
12°C
40%
Mon
Oct
29.png

16°C
12°C
70%
Tue
Oct
28.png

16°C
12°C
70%
Wed
Oct
2.png

17°C
11°C
10%
Thu
Oct
2.png

16°C
10°C
10%
Fri
Oct
30.png

17°C
9°C
70%
Sat
Oct
3.png

16°C
11°C
10%
Sun
Oct
1.png

18°C
9°C
10%

lettuce pray for horrible weather

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As he should, he's finished. Can't count on him in the playoffs unless its mentoring the young guys like Stroman. Can't even use him in the bullpen either.

nah as a lefty out of the bp he can do the jimmy key role in 92
jimmy key started 32 games for the jays that years didnt pitch in the alds, pitched one inning in the alcs started one game in the world series and ptiched again on a few days rest as a reliever.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
nah as a lefty out of the bp he can do the jimmy key role in 92
jimmy key started 32 games for the jays that years didnt pitch in the alds, pitched one inning in the alcs started one game in the world series and ptiched again on a few days rest as a reliever.

If we are facing the Yankees, can't rely on him even out the pen. If we make it the ALCS we CAN include him. Hopefully he bows out himself. He's harming us more, IMO.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
25 man roster
martin, smoak, donaldson, goins, tulo,bautista,pillar,revere,edwinm colabello, navarro, pennington :scust:, and prob carrerra or maybe pompey to steal bases

thats 13 guys

price, dikkey, stroman, estrada, cecil, sanchez, osuna, lowe, hawkins, hutchinsgon, buerhle

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
while buerhle looks flabby and sick there is something about that calming vet, that old dude in pallative care who goes for that last walk around the hospital before he dies

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Whens tulo back?

Troy Tulowitzki says he could certainly return from his two-week absence from the Jays’ lineup and drop directly into a playoff game — even without having taken any swings in a regular season game.

“Not important at all to me,” Tulowitzki said Friday when asked if his return to the lineup from his shoulder injury hinged on playing a regular season game prior to the playoffs.

“Obviously in an ideal situation, probably be the smart thing to do, but if my shoulder doesn’t allow for me to do that, it’s not like I’m worried about going into the playoffs without any swings. It’s playoff baseball. You go out there and grind out at-bats anyway, play good defence.”

Defence certainly didn’t seem like a problem when the five-time all-star shortstopcontinued with a third day of taking ground balls prior to batting practice.

However, while Tulowitzki fielded, threw and took double-play flips like his old self, he still remains limited in his swing; he has only batted off a batting tee the past two days.

“I feel like I’m moving a lot better,” said Tulowitzki, who is pushing himself more each day as he recovers from a cracked bone in his shoulder that he suffered in a Sept. 12 collision with Kevin Pillar.

“I said from the beginning that swinging was gonna be the last thing, so now I’m going in taking light swings off the tee, nothing major yet. But I’m definitely excited with the direction I’m headed.

“Nothing crazy (with swings), as the days go on we’ll ramp it up and see where we’re at,” Tulowitzki added.

“Ground balls were the best by far. More aggressive. Felt normal. I feel it more laying in bed than I do taking ground balls to be honest.”

Tulowitzki even appeared more animated in updating his situation. That led to renewed expectations that he could return to the lineup sometime next week; Jays manager John Gibbons hinted at the team’s final two series, in Baltimore or Tampa, as potential target dates for Tulowitzki.

“We have a plan with the trainers, mapped out as far as what I do each day on the field. If I keep passing tests, you’re on to the next day,” Tulowitzki said, adding that he doesn’t have a target date for full swings yet, either.

“We’re not that far yet. Hopefully we do talk about that soon.”

Tulowitzki was asked if — regardless of his tough injury luck in Toronto — if his trade to the Jays was exceeding his own expectations. He was definitely taken aback by the late July trade from Colorado, but has since become attached to the dream of a World Series every player shares.

“You can always envision it going better (at the moment),” Tulowitzki said. “You dream big. You come over here (in the trade) and think, this happens for a reason.

“What’s the ultimate goal? To win a world series. So that would be the dream case scenario. For me it was like, ‘Man, why did I get moved to another team?’ But the first thing that came to my mind was that something special is gonna happen. Hopefully that plays out and if it doesn’t you still believe things happen for a reason.”