Finished Mr. Robot. This show goes beyond homage and is basically a complete rip off/plagiarism.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's a lot more than fight club. I wrote up a list in the other thread. And there's still more. And I still recommend Mr Robot.

Anyway, the first scene is Elliott being a hackivist catcher in the rye for victims of pedophilia. I figured it's not just the morphine and the fall from the window that has him fukked up. Elliott had a habit of repressing his most painful memories but everyone around him can't, and treat him gently. Why would that be?

He kinda reminded me of the main character in The Search for Simon. Unreliable narrator, treated gently, plot twist a mile away that still manages to have a profound impact.

Elliot's dad and the missing $20. What happened to Elliot and his dad that his dad just called the customer a jerk? Stuff like that.

And I still say his mom and the foreign chick look too similar to one another. Not sure the casting point of that yet.
I still liked the show,very much so. Im curious to see how s2 plays out.

But its not nearly as good as fight club or as profound

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Show literally wouldnt exist without fight club.
Be that as it may, the show is a hit and is excellence distilled :sacreblawd:

Surprised you didn't peep the Dexter similarities too and I'm praying the show doesn't go down THAT path

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Show is definitely influenced by Fight Club, but fight Club is one of my favorite movies so you won't see me complaining.
Favorite new show of last year, definitely interested in seeing where it goes next season

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Lol the show bit a little bit of Dexter too.

Still enjoyed it. I'm curious to see where they take it next season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The ending of fight club when ed norton grabbed helenas hand and where is my mind started playing as the credit buildings came down is one of my favorite uses of music in film ever. That moment was literally perfect.

I should've worded it better.

I don't mean how it ended. That was cool. I mean the resolution of the twist and Project Mayhem.

"Mr. Robot" did jack the fukk out of the premise but season 2 onward has to be post-Project Mayhem. I'm far more interested in that, than the twist itself.

Fred.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
This show is fukking TRASH. :trash: I should’ve trusted my gut seeing a USA Network show getting praise.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I actually haven't gotten around to watching the other seasons yet. :manny:

It's on my list of things to watch

Season 3 takes a plot point from the movie/book....but it's flipped on it's head in a way that most people didn't even make the connection until later.

Over all season 2 is nothing like "Fight Club" and neither is season 3.

Fred.