Finished Mr. Robot. This show goes beyond homage and is basically a complete rip off/plagiarism.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Like Jesus Christ does this show have an original bone in its body :dead:

The plot and main character and twist are all ripped straight off how is is this being praised :mindblown: The nihilism,the writing,its all just sam esmail doing a chuck palahniuk impression. And then they top it off by even filming it to look a david fincher film :russ:

Show is literally the result of the creator watching Fight club over and over and over.

When the piano melody off where is my mind started playing I legit started :laff: because it was just ridiculous.

Fight club is in my top 10 movies of all time,David Fincher is one of my top 10 directors and palahniuk is one of my top 10 authors. This is just beyond words how unoriginal this show is. shyt is the drake of tv shows :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Everybody on the internet wants to be the first one to say "best show on TV OMG" because they want to be a part of grass roots history, so all these new shows get overhyped

Mr. Robot is a great show, nothing more. The end of the first season after the sister reveal was incredibly average, and the plot is not set up to be interesting in the future. Its gonna take a miracle to recreate the quality of the first 3/4ths of season 1

And yes, I also agree that the lack of originality is another knock on it. Once the Fight Club rip-off angle hit its climax, there was no more substance left.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Jesus Christ does this show have an original bone in its body :dead:

The plot and main character and twist are all ripped straight off how is is this being praised :mindblown: The nihilism,the writing,its all just sam esmail doing a chuck palahniuk impression. And then they top it off by even filming it to look a david fincher film :russ:

Show is literally the result of the creator watching Fight club over and over and over.

When the piano melody off where is my mind started playing I legit started :laff: because it was just ridiculous.

Fight club is in my top 10 movies of all time,David Fincher is one of my top 10 directors and palahniuk is one of my top 10 authors. This is just beyond words how unoriginal this show is. shyt is the drake of tv shows :mjlol:
Agree with all of this. Except the Drake insult.