Finally upgraded to the series X - lets talk essential fighting games

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
my games are cross platform mostly and i'm too fukking old to care. I didn't need to buy new controllers and my old games crossed over. Grow up.
I agree with you, that console war shyt is gay as hell. You can literally buy both systems. People be acting like they were assigned to own only one console and have to bash the one they dont possess.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
As a so call Xbox stan, I'll keep it 100 with you. Unless you looking to easily play back catalog of fighters you purchased, PlayStation is the console of choice for fighters simply because they pretty much all will drop on it, and PC the system of choice because on top of everything dropping on it, it's easy to optimize.

However Xbox tends to have a really tight knit Fighting game community. Mostly brehs too.

"Current" fighters on Xbox to watch out for MK1, SF6, Pocket bravery, Samsho(roll back version) Tekken 8
Honestly, it has improved with its current landscape, but you can only play Japanese fighting games if it has crossplay. Thanks to gamepass Xbox is covered with stuff like Blazblue and Guilty Gear. I can't think of any popular fighting game that is missing on the console. Regarding online play the game must have crossplay because FGC is much smaller on xbox. I think stuff outside of Mortal Kombat would struggle without crossplay

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Sidenote

I feel like the series S/X controller is probably the best control pad for fighters in a long time.
Well i have an xbox gamepad i like a lot, and arcade sticks (cheap but good for me and a homie for couch and co-op fighting and beat em ups ups (PAUSE) ) and backward compatibility saved me literally hundreds of dollars and ported my catalog of games.

It made sense for me :manny: and i got diablo iv in the bundle, one of my favorite series of all time (like…that NCAA, and street fighter for real)

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Well i have an xbox gamepad i like a lot, and arcade sticks (cheap but good for me and a homie for couch and co-op fighting and beat em ups ups (PAUSE) ) and backward compatibility saved me literally hundreds of dollars and ported my catalog of games.

It made sense for me :manny: and i got diablo iv in the bundle, one of my favorite series of all time (like…that NCAA, and street fighter for real)
Definitely makes sense, Good shyt.

Last edited:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Don't bring any console beef here because idgaf and most are cross platform anyway.

Got the bundle with Diablo 4 (which is great because my pops plays that heavy and its cross platform) which is on sale in a lot of places now.

I like to get the most out of my arcade stick, so in addition to a healthy selection of beat em ups and shoot em ups (Cuphead, Streets of rage 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Double Dragon, , I want to have a good library of fighting games.

SF6 is installing now, MK1 is next.
SSFIV, DBFZ, and Street Fighter collection are installing from my XB1 purchases thereafter
Tekken 8 when it drops of course.

Need to decide on an essential KOF game, if Soul Calibur 6 is worth buying [does anyone play this online?], and welcome any suggestions that are in the store.

Once i get sharp enough in 6, i'll run the fade with yall :myman:
Real Tekken players are all in PlayStation :mjlol: