Finally upgraded to the series X - lets talk essential fighting games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a so call Xbox stan, I'll keep it 100 with you. Unless you looking to easily play back catalog of fighters you purchased, PlayStation is the console of choice for fighters simply because they pretty much all will drop on it, and PC the system of choice because on top of everything dropping on it, it's easy to optimize.

However Xbox tends to have a really tight knit Fighting game community. Mostly brehs too.

"Current" fighters on Xbox to watch out for MK1, SF6, Pocket bravery, Samsho(roll back version) Tekken 8

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
As a so call Xbox stan, I'll keep it 100 with you. Unless you looking to easily play back catalog of fighters you purchased, PlayStation is the console of choice for fighters simply because they pretty much all will drop on it, and PC the system of choice because on top of everything dropping on it, it's easy to optimize.

However Xbox tends to have a really tight knit Fighting game community. Mostly brehs too.

"Current" fighters on Xbox to watch out for MK1, SF6, Pocket bravery, Samsho(roll back version) Tekken 8
a non stan post from Titan. :ohhh:

*screenshots*

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Sounds like I got it covered.

What fighting games are on PlayStation that aren't on Xbox and aren't cross platform? Why does the console matter in that case?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Don't bring any console beef here because idgaf and most are cross platform anyway.

Got the bundle with Diablo 4 (which is great because my pops plays that heavy and its cross platform) which is on sale in a lot of places now.

I like to get the most out of my arcade stick, so in addition to a healthy selection of beat em ups and shoot em ups (Cuphead, Streets of rage 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Double Dragon, , I want to have a good library of fighting games.

SF6 is installing now, MK1 is next.
SSFIV, DBFZ, and Street Fighter collection are installing from my XB1 purchases thereafter
Tekken 8 when it drops of course.

Need to decide on an essential KOF game, if Soul Calibur 6 is worth buying [does anyone play this online?], and welcome any suggestions that are in the store.

Once i get sharp enough in 6, i'll run the fade with yall :myman:

Ed nooooo :why:

All jokes aside, Titan said it best.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like I got it covered.

What fighting games are on PlayStation that aren't on Xbox and aren't cross platform? Why does the console matter in that case?
Mostly anime type games tbh, like for instance BlazBlue, granblue, dnf duel, and things like that.

But to be honest, lots of those kinda anime fighters that weren't dropping on Xbox now make their way to the system even if it's later.

Like GG strive, melty and blazeblu tag.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sidenote

I feel like the series S/X controller is probably the best control pad for fighters in a long time.