Finally got banned from ResetEra

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Why are you surprised they would ban you for that post. Have you not been paying any ATTENTION AT ALL as to how that place runs :skip:

I could just as easily create a new email with my ISP and make a new account there but I don't think so. I'd just get banned again for basically having an opinion they don't like. When I joined I was under the impression that place was supposed to be better than NeoGAF. I never really saw the kinda silly bans on NeoGAF that I see on ResetEra.

:laff:

better than gaf how? The same shytty fake overly woke liberals that were at gaf went to reset era.

hell the only reason resetera exists is because those former gaf mods wanted to make the money evilore was making :pachaha:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Alec Holowka (Night in the Woods, TowerFall) accused of sexual assault [Update: Alec Holowka has reportedly passed away] [See staff posts/threadmarks]

Long story short somebody aired out a mentally unstable person's dirty laundry on Twitter and that sparked a chain of events that lead to that mentally unstable person's suicide after the angry mob online tore them down and they lost their employment.

Basically my post says that before you run online and try to air someone out consider the fact that once you put something like that out online the person you put it out about will likely always be held to that standard.

They called this victim blaming and killed my account.

The fact that that lead to a permaban is absurd. That place is straight up not a message forum for people to go discuss anything. It's an echo chamber for people who agree with their mods. If anything else is said that a mod doesn't like you're gone.

I don’t understand?

Should you not call out someone who committ sexual assault cause they may be mentally unstable?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At first glance, if you only went to the gaming section you'd probably think Resetera is fine. You see up to date gaming news, rumors and sometimes passionate(overly at times) gaming fans. It's when you start to realize there's a certain culture being fostered over there with tons of posters seemingly batting for and virtue signaling to their mods. Let a typical topic get made and watch as the person who's out of line get dogpiled with messages like "That's the hill you're willing to die on?" or "Yeah, say goodbye to your account" and "You should feel horrible about what you just said here."

It gets extremely bad to the point sometimes posters just simply jump in a thread and have to walk on eggshells. The day I ventured into the off topic discussions and saw how closed minded and toxic they were were in various political threads and the one that made me completely cancel them was the MJ Leaving Neverland thread. Holy shyt, pretty much everyone was under some cognitive dissonance. Just simply going "Omg..." and "Yeah, fukk Michael Jackson" and when others who posted verifiable truth showing how the shyt that was being said was bullshyt, those members were banned.

I mean, look at this guy who was in a thread about the latest Chappelle flix and see how this "chick" or w/e it was talk to him. It was basically a very liberal "Stay in your place and shut up ******" ass post.
xpxi9ez-png.908825

:mjlol: That same type of post from anyone else would be a ban but since it's from a protected class of posters. :smh: horrible site.

I wish there was a gaming forum that had the gaming news/updates/rumors WITHOUT the bullshyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t understand?

Should you not call out someone who committ sexual assault cause they may be mentally unstable?
It depends.
Night in the Woods developer Alec Holowka has died | PC Gamer
"Those who know me will know that I believe survivors and I have always done everything I can to support survivors, those suffering from mental illnesses, and those with chronic illnesses," she wrote. "Alec was a victim of abuse and he also spent a lifetime battling mood and personality disorders. I will not pretend that he was not also responsible for causing harm, but deep down he was a person who wanted only to offer people care and kindness. It took him awhile to figure out how.

"Over the last few years, with therapy and medication, Alec became a new person—the same person he'd always been but without any of the darkness. He was calm and happy, positive and loving. Obviously, change is a slow process and it wasn't perfect, but he was working towards rehabilitation and a better life. In the last few days, he was supported by many Manitoba crisis services, and I want to thank everyone there for their support."
At least according to his sister this was someone that had issues but was on a path to recovery. They were trying to turn their life around. If that was the case what does going online and airing them out do?

And so I ask can people rise above their worst actions? I don't know the guy or the woman involved but I can say this. As a direct result of them getting aired out on Twitter that person is dead.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It depends.
Night in the Woods developer Alec Holowka has died | PC Gamer

At least according to his sister this was someone that had issues but was on a path to recovery. They were trying to turn their life around. If that was the case what does going online and airing them out do?

And so I ask can people rise above their worst actions? I don't know the guy or the woman involved but I can say this. As a direct result of them getting aired out on Twitter that person is dead.
You can rise above your worse actions but that doesn’t mean the pain and despair you cause goes away because you become some “new” person

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can rise above your worse actions but that doesn’t mean the pain and despair you cause goes away because you become some “new” person
I never said it did erase their past deeds. What I am saying is who that person is today matters. If they're an unrepentant a$$hole then by all means shame them publicly. If they aren't then things are a bit more complex.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I never said it did erase their past deeds. What I am saying is who that person is today matters. If they're an unrepentant a$$hole then by all means shame them publicly. If they aren't then things are a bit more complex.
This makes no sense he wasn’t under a spell when he decided to harm someone and that person he harmed has to live with that horror for life

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This makes no sense he wasn’t under a spell when he decided to harm someone and that person he harmed has to live with that horror for life
You aren't responsible for what they did. You are responsible for your own actions. If you go out on social media and make a post for the specific purpose of damaging someone you are responsible for that.

So which is it does everybody that ever does wrong deserve to always be wronged in return or don't they?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
With that said TheColi is an echo chamber also, we're just less faggy about stuff

:mjlol: Shid...I got warned for speaking facts concerning the gay community. Thecoli is turning into Resetera If you ask me. The only difference is, they allow you to say the N-word. Other than that it's just like Reset Era.

:mjlol:You can't speak on Jews, Latinos, or LGBTQ. You can only talk shyt about blacks and whites. You can say the N-Word all day but you can't say any derogatory language about LGBTQ, Latinos, or Jews.

:mjlol: I think it's time for real folk of color to find a real website that allows TRUE freedom of speech as REAL black culture hangs their hat on their ability to talk about anything. Anything less ain't really a black/people of color forum.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I'm sorry OP but you're a glutton for punishment going back to Era after previously getting banned.

I see other posters get banned, come here (tbh Arcadium is kinda dead) and go right back to Era when their ban is done.

With all the treh shyt, gay shyt, unable to say what you want, cancel culture, fake woke shyt, cloutrage and worst of all Pedo shyt, why would you want to post on Era? Because of games?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You aren't responsible for what they did. You are responsible for your own actions. If you go out on social media and make a post for the specific purpose of damaging someone you are responsible for that.

So which is it does everybody that ever does wrong deserve to always be wronged in return or don't they?

You’re basically saying all bad behavior should be excused because it makes you a bad person for calling it out

This dumb. You shouldn’t have been banned but your thinking is faulty and just lets people go unchecked as long as they pretend they never committed atrocities