Finally built my first gaming PC. Impressions inside

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Welcome. I bought a prebuilt because it would have been to expensive to build for what I wanted.

I only play a couple of games using the mouse and keyboard. I still have to get used to it. Everything else I play with my Xbox controller. I don’t game online and I really don’t plan on it. I mainly bought this thing so I can mod my games, get the best graphics, highest framerrates, and business. I haven’t even touched my consoles since I got it.

I really need to get rid of them.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Welcome aboard breh. I built my first gaming pc over a year ago and ended up rebuilding it like 6 months later so they're not lying about the upgrade bug.

I'm currently going back-and-forth on water cooling. :russ:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Have a dumb question

I have 12gb ram and the quad processor

upgraded everything besides a nice video card.... how do I know which ones are compatible? is it just whatever will fit? because the card im using now is average quality and I want to go all out so I can play any game I want with no problem

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Welcome to the club. Here's a tip: Use PCPartPicker.com + Slickdeals to search for the best prices on parts.

PCPartPicker is also dope because it allows you to check to see if the parts you've chosen are compatible. It also gives you the ability to save each machine configuration you have. I have 3 machines running right now for different purposes and it's great to be able to look at the exact configuration of each.

I'm probably going to switch the functions of two of my machines soon to satisfy my yearly itch.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Why the fukk didn't you get a ryzen cpu? And @ciggaveli could of sold you his 980.

I don’t know what a Ryzen cpu is breh. :hubie:

Remember this was my first time.
Welcome to the club. Here's a tip: Use PCPartPicker.com + Slickdeals to search for the best prices on parts.

PCPartPicker is also dope because it allows you to check to see if the parts you've chosen are compatible. It also gives you the ability to save each machine configuration you have. I have 3 machines running right now for different purposes and it's great to be able to look at the exact configuration of each.

I'm probably going to switch the functions of two of my machines soon to satisfy my yearly itch.

Yeah that site was a godsend when I was checking for part availability

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Have a dumb question

I have 12gb ram and the quad processor

upgraded everything besides a nice video card.... how do I know which ones are compatible? is it just whatever will fit? because the card im using now is average quality and I want to go all out so I can play any game I want with no problem

What type/Name case do you have ? ATX, MID ATX , MICRO ATX

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
What type/Name case do you have ? ATX, MID ATX , MICRO ATX
I have a HP Pavillion :russ: would I be able to transfer most of the things from it to a new case?
sorry I'm asking such amateur questions but besides a graphic card ... I'm literally right there on the verge of playing
I can play Kingdom Come Deliverance but on the lowest quality. Skyrim with mods works too but the frame rate is trash ... I'm so close to being able to enjoy PC games smoothly :sadcam:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I have a HP Pavillion :russ: would I be able to transfer most of the things from it to a new case?
sorry I'm asking such amateur questions but besides a graphic card ... I'm literally right there on the verge of playing
I can play Kingdom Come Deliverance but on the lowest quality. Skyrim with mods works too but the frame rate is trash ... I'm so close to being able to enjoy PC games smoothly :sadcam:

:huhldup: You can, You may come to a issue with the f_panel on the hp mobo to the case connectors on the new case ...

front-panel-headers.jpg

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
:huhldup: You can, You may come to a issue with the f_panel on the hp mobo to the case connectors on the new case ...

front-panel-headers.jpg
I might not even bother and just start from the ground up lol thanks for not laughing too hard ... I've been rocking with this computer long enough
YooP60T.jpg

I got a pretty fast system besides that weak ass graphic card :russ::russ: Guess its time to start over and use this one as a backup :bryan: