Finally built my first gaming PC. Impressions inside

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I've always been a pretty savvy dude with computer hardware but never built my own comp.
I pretty much game on consoles exclusively.

A few months ago I did a pretty inexpensive build for my first time. My goal was to use the mini-ITX form factor because I wanted something that didn't take up a lot of space.

I essentially followed this video:

and combined it with this guide
Build It: A $500 Mini-ITX Gaming PC - ComputerShopper.com

Final specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon x4 845 Quad core processor
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Ram: 8GB
HDD: 225GB ssd + 500 GB HD and 1 TB external HDD

I probably spent about $4-$500 when it was all said and done. I bought most of the stuff on amazon, and the graphics card on ebay. I already had the HDDs and power supply.

Impressions:
I've only played a few games on it. I originally decided to do this for Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. DMC is one of my favorite video games series. I'm pretty advanced in it but I've always hated how you cannot practice combos on the console. So I wanted it on the PC with the ability to use a trainer.

Brehs... This game looks and plays :banderas: on my pc. I play at max framerate and resolution with no problems. I also can keep my other apps in the background. I never knew how big a deal framerate was. So I got pretty good with my combos and went back to my Xbox One to try them out and found out I was dropping them because the timing was slightly different.

All in all, I'm glad I did it. Installation was pretty easy if you've meddled with the inside of a computer before. I needed a new desktop anyway and can play most games I want (indie games and classics) without any issues. I also wanted to use an SSD. This shyt loads lightning fast and doesn't sound like a plane taking off like my old desktop.

EDIT: I built this shyt in September 2017. I finally got around to posting about it tho. Prices are probably higher on a lot of components due to bitcoin miners.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I've always been a pretty savvy dude with computer hardware but never built my own comp.
I pretty much game on consoles exclusively.

A few months ago I did a pretty inexpensive build for my first time. My goal was to use the mini-ITX form factor because I wanted something that didn't take up a lot of space.

I essentially followed this video:

and combined it with this guide
Build It: A $500 Mini-ITX Gaming PC - ComputerShopper.com

Final specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon x4 845 Quad core processor
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Ram: 8GB
HDD: 225GB ssd + 500 GB HD and 1 TB external HDD

I probably spent about $4-$500 when it was all said and done. I bought most of the stuff on amazon, and the graphics card on ebay. I already had the HDDs and power supply.

Impressions:
I've only played a few games on it. I originally decided to do this for Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. DMC is one of my favorite video games series. I'm pretty advanced in it but I've always hated how you cannot practice combos on the console. So I wanted it on the PC with the ability to use a trainer.

Brehs... This game looks and plays :banderas: on my pc. I play at max framerate and resolution with no problems. I also can keep my other apps in the background. I never knew how big a deal framerate was. So I got pretty good with my combos and went back to my Xbox One to try them out and found out I was dropping them because the timing was slightly different.

All in all, I'm glad I did it. Installation was pretty easy if you've meddled with the inside of a computer before. I needed a new desktop anyway and can play most games I want (indie games and classics) without any issues. I also wanted to use an SSD. This shyt loads lightning fast and doesn't sound like a plane taking off like my old desktop.

You found a graphics card ???

AMD Athlon ...yikes

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
b-b-but SSD's aren't worth it :troll:

nice entry build. could use some upgrades, but now you got your foot in the door

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Welcome and enjoy years of spending money and upgrading :russ::wow:

about this cop this EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, do I need NO :francis: I have 7 year old Antrc 550 and I don't want to hit the power and nothing happens one day :picard: just order another 8gb of ram 3 days ago. that shyt don't stop :wow:

71C2rHBLT2L._SY355_.jpg

Juven

All Star
Daps
I wanna build my own PC eventually
Seems expensive as fukk though

yea, it is. It's kind of for hard core gamers that like playing with keyboard and mouse, and you also have the newest monitor technology on the PC. PC people are playing on 144 fps, or they might be playing on 1440p with gysnc. Depends on what you're looking for. I like playing fps games with keyboard and mouse, so I switched to pc.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I wanna build my own PC eventually
Seems expensive as fukk though

I needed to upgrade my 10+ year old desktop anyway (I do digital art with Adobe products) so I killed two birds with one stone.

You found a graphics card ???

AMD Athlon ...yikes

What's wrong with AMD Athlon? I've always had Intel but my computer has been running smooth since November.

Do you have any pics tho??? :dahell:

Lol. It LITERALLY looks like the shyt in the video but black.

Looks just like this minus the cac hands.

tt_core_v1_compu.jpg

It's sleek, quiet, and doesn't take up a lot of space. :banderas:

Interesting CPU choice, but be careful with the itch breh.

This can be addicting...an unhealthy obsession. ask @daze23 @Ciggavelli @2gunsup @duckbutta and the rest of the goons in the PC Thread.

Enter the thread at your own risk. You have been warned.

Last chance to change your mind... click below at your own risk:ufdup:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...ptops-custom-desktops-pre-builds-and-more.149

I'm a pretty logical guy, plus I'm too :flabbynsick: to play these new graphic-intensive games. So I don't think I'll need to upgrade for awhile.