Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even

Even over Zelda eh?
I'm a bit bias because this is one of the type of FF games I would have made if they told me to make one. But as it stands unless it's ends up being like 8 hours long or has some terrible glitch or performance. I really can't see anything this year beating it out...
It's too much of what looks like the best of everything.
I'm have a hard time going back to FF7re combat after this, I wonder if they'll implement the combat here into rebirth :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm a bit bias because this is one of the type of FF games I would have made if they told me to make one. But as it stands unless it's ends up being like 8 hours long or has some terrible glitch or performance. I really can't see anything this year beating it out...
It's too much of what looks like the best of everything.
I'm have a hard time going back to FF7re combat after this, I wonder if they'll implement the combat here into rebirth :banderas:

They said Rebirth is going to use an evolved gambit system so its still semi-turn based

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I imagine Only reason zelda would win goty over this is the nintendo curve.

Zelda looks like more botw

This shyt right here looks like a renaissance moment for action rpgs period
shyt look fire

GOTY contender for sure

Gonna be hard to beat Zelda

It would be a nice narrative for final fantasy to return and reclaim its glory, and people love Yoshi-P.

…but yeah, it’s Zelda and it looks very much an improvement on everything in BoTW

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It would be a nice narrative for final fantasy to return and reclaim its glory, and people love Yoshi-P.

…but yeah, it’s Zelda and it looks very much an improvement on everything in BoTW
I was never too high on botw in the first place and I gave up on the switch a while ago so this getting the nod off gp :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see the heavy GOW 3 influence all over this. :banderas: Especially the "cinematics in some of the combat " :mjpls:

It's DMC combat, mixed with GOW 3 with some FF14 elements peppered in.

The boss battles or summon battles or whatever they are, are like another game ( that I'm drawing a blank on the name of) but it basically had you doing a bunch of smaller sub games and events within those fights. So it wasn't ever just fight the boss, you'll fight one boss that would like have you playing what is essentially a music game, or fighter or side scroller etc etc...

:blessed::blessed:

Can't wait!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I can see the heavy GOW 3 influence all over this. :banderas: Especially the "cinematics in combat " :mjpls:

It's DMC combat, mixed with GOW 3 with some FF14 elements peppered in.

The boss battles or summon battles or whatever they are, are like another game ( that I'm drawing a blank on the name of) but it basically had you doing a bunch of smaller sub games and events within those fights. So it wasn't ever just fight the boss, you'll fight one boss that would like have you playing what is essentially a music game, or fighter or side scroller etc etc...

:blessed::blessed:

Can't wait!

Nier automata