Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i thought this game was gonna be in the mid 90s. I guess the racist shyt caused it to lose some points.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Shadow Clive

One of the coldest fukking boss segments in a while and its this early in the game :damn:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just did the 2nd summon battle

Weird that Cid would just uncuff Clive like that without giving him time to think about shyt, you'd think he'd commit suicide or something. It is a game tho :manny:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Pressing square square square a little to much
I purposely mix it up with magic burst for me

but I am enjoying the story

fI'm not far in the game but hope we get to kill clive hoe ass mom

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Jeez, this game is incredible. Been a while since I’ve been so captivated by a story :whew:

A lot of big twist and turns so far, pretty much had to force myself to turn it off

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i thought this game was gonna be in the mid 90s. I guess the racist shyt caused it to lose some points.
From what I've played just finished the 3rd Eikon battle this is a 8 level game. The reviewers mostly got it right. This game sacrificed strategy and challenge for cinematics and accessibility. The spectacle of it all is pretty grand but I wonder how kind history will be to this.

The plot is ok, there's one stand out character in Cid. The main character feels like just a standard everyday guy. I really wish Cid was the main character instead. It's like how Balthier should have been the main character of XII.

There's hasn't been the need for much strategy. I've never seen a game over screen or even come close and while you can upgrade skills and abilities I don't really feel the need to. I been hording points and occasionally spending them on the more expensive skills leaving the rest at basic levels because the game doesn't really challenge me enough to need to upgrade them. It feels like they give you options but I also could run through the game with just the first Eikon's abilities alone and it wouldn't have made much difference. It's more important you master dodging and the rest doesn't matter so much.

This game is like XV in that I hope the series goes in a very different direction next go round. Cid and the way it hands the summons is exceptional. The rest is alright.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Quick question about eikonic abilities

so I got the garuda eikon abilities. question though when in battle one of my combos switches it back to phoenix abilities even though I am not hitting L2. what am I missing there?

you probably have a ring equipped thats changing it

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
From what I've played just finished the 3rd Eikon battle this is a 8 level game. The reviewers mostly got it right. This game sacrificed strategy and challenge for cinematics and accessibility. The spectacle of it all is pretty grand but I wonder how kind history will be to this.

The plot is ok, there's one stand out character in Cid. The main character feels like just a standard everyday guy. I really wish Cid was the main character instead. It's like how Balthier should have been the main character of XII.

There's hasn't been the need for much strategy. I've never seen a game over screen or even come close and while you can upgrade skills and abilities I don't really feel the need to. I been hording points and occasionally spending them on the more expensive skills leaving the rest at basic levels because the game doesn't really challenge me enough to need to upgrade them. It feels like they give you options but I also could run through the game with just the first Eikon's abilities alone and it wouldn't have made much difference. It's more important you master dodging and the rest doesn't matter so much.

This game is like XV in that I hope the series goes in a very different direction next go round. Cid and the way it hands the summons is exceptional. The rest is alright.

thats where im at in the game (3rd Eiokon)

game has some really nice looking set pieces, such as
the crystal area where you absorb the Ramuh summon, and the graphics for the Ifrit/Typhon fight were top notch

im in the same boat. this reminds me of them high budget summer blockbusters in theaters(not a bad thing, they have their place in entertainment). I also feel like the story is devolving as I progress and it's becoming predictable again.

aint nobody with half a brain didnt think the hooded figure was Joshua

games def more style over substance. worth a buy but im missing some of the RPGness of older games.

better than XV so far, I dont miss the open world. I'll take a tight linear experience over a bland open world any day.

digging all the Eioken designs. prolly my favorite summons since X.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
This game has been mad fun. Love the music.

Final Fantasy made the right move going action based. I would love for them to remake all of the previous games into action based.

:blessed: :blessed: