Final Fantasy XV [PS4|XONE]

Daps
many people hated this game i know but the roadtrip portions on the game really gave me nostalgia vibes, i quite enjoyed it. like plaing stand by me the game. I'm hoping that the part 2 of the FF7 remake uses this template for the open world section.
Main problems with this game were fixed in FF7, (ie Combat being repititve and boring, and the story not being fleshed out enough)
So you combine the strengths of this with FF7 remake and i think that would be a perfect sequel.
It was a solid game the story was a strength but the way it was told was not cohesive

The combat is a bit clunky and not very intuitive I should have mapped the buttons differently but it got too late once I realised you could change the default I don’t like B/O as the attack button

The exploration is fun with chocobos but not with the car. The world is interesting but it turns linear at the latter part of the game. But being able to go back in time with umbra is cool.

There’s a difficulty spike at the end with the boss rush but I just spammed items i’d but 30 high potions and 15 Phoenix downs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a solid game the story was a strength but the way it was told was not cohesive

The combat is a bit clunky and not very intuitive I should have mapped the buttons differently but it got too late once I realised you could change the default I don’t like B/O as the attack button

The exploration is fun with chocobos but not with the car. The world is interesting but it turns linear at the latter part of the game. But being able to go back in time with umbra is cool.

There’s a difficulty spike at the end with the boss rush but I just spammed items i’d but 30 high potions and 15 Phoenix downs.

Combat is not clunkly you just don't know how to play

you shouldn't have to spam attacks you can literally evade everything in the game, they should limited the items like Final Fantasy Remake which would force people to actually learn the game mechanics

Daps
Combat is not clunkly you just don't know how to play

you shouldn't have to spam attacks you can literally evade everything in the game, they should limited the items like Final Fantasy Remake which would force people to actually learn the game mechanics

I’m not the only person who complained about the camera these reviewers have as well

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not the only person who complained about the camera these reviewers have as well

you can manually control the camera lol

like I said people suck at games and don't bother to learn how to play

I can't do half the shyt you can do in devil may cry, you don't hear complaining about the combat I haven't played enough to get good at it

Daps

I can't do half the shyt you can do in devil may cry, you don't hear complaining about the combat I haven't played enough to get good at it
I know you can control the camera but when you get in tight spaces it spazzes out

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Started playing this again after putting it down for what felt like months/years. I'm in chapter 10, heading to the Caestino mine.

How much more do I have? Playing it after letting all the hype and hysteria dying down and after finishing FFVIIR, it's not that bad. The gameplay is serviceable imo and the graphics are really nice. Altissia was beautiful but besides that, the game just at times feels like a FF spin off if you catch my drift.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still have the Ultimate Edition of this game sealed inside in the shipping box unopened. I wanna say it cost me $250 or something close to that. Maybe one day it will be worth something.

Daps
I still have the Ultimate Edition of this game sealed inside in the shipping box unopened. I wanna say it cost me $250 or something close to that. Maybe one day it will be worth something.
Spent that much on a game you weren't looking to play through immediately? Must be eating good :wow:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps

What are you talking about? The camera in this game is bad

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This game is pure trash. I'm so glad they gave the series to Yoshida and the FFXIV team and i hope we never have to experience this type of bullshyt again. typical jrpg bullshyt where they run out of ideas and punish players for sticking with the game.

why the fukk did they take the coupe away about a third into the game and now im just running thru corridors and listening to various gods ramble on. & the matrix reloaded ass final boss was AWFUL

I gotta hop on the wikipedia to get the true ending now. the only redeeming quality was the opening and closing credits when that beautiful Stand by Me cover started playing :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Years later the only things that stood out to me about this game is the ending which has a strong case for best in series, especially when it went as far to do what Final Fantasy X didn't have the balls to do with the main character, and the song Stand By Me which I still listen to till this day. This game got done dirty. I still mourn the loss of Stella and the Nomura game that could have been.

The only other endings in the series that come close are Final Fantasy VIII's camera footage and Final Fantasy X (demoted because X-2 exist and reverses part of it). If we're counting sequel games the troll ending of XIII-2 counts.