Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

llt23

All Star
Daps
Stan shytty games brehs.

None of those songs did anything to trigger my memory. I played and beat XV. It was an OK game.

Plus you are missing the point. You can still have great graphics and get away with certain things. Would you rather have 3 towns and one giant world map, or more towns and dungeons? Stylizing the world map would not kill anything. Spend your money where it actually matters. XV was fetch quests up the ass on the world map which was big as fukk with nothing to do besides kill x monster x times and bring some guy the drop. Terrible game design. The game had the water city, that other shop city, and thats IT. Empty ass game. You think thats good?

Even FFX tried something different by not ever really having you see the world map, and instead having transition areas. Why not at least do that? (Persona 5 did this too)

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Sakaguchi not getting a massive budget RPG doesnt mean hes washed. The fact that the current crew gets the greenlight from Square shows that they are out of touch with gamers.

Uematsu didnt do the soundtrack for xiii. The XV soundtrack not that memorable. Only song I remember is the battle theme. No disrespect to the music person for the game but there really wasnt much memorable shyt. And while driving most of the time you were listening to music from past games.

The idea that the games need to be over the top cinematic is what killed the franchise. Storytelling is dead, stories are too convoluted and ridiculous, plus the characters now are usually cringeworthy. shyt is just embarrassing.

Theres no reason they cant follow the old format and just make it HD. They just forgot their roots. They could be clever and stylize the world maps ala PS1 era, you dont need to make it a full fledged area which kills the whole budget. From there you can make everything you need in the RPG. Other devs are doing it. Dont give them wack excuses
XV had a decent soundtrack Hellfire :wow: i am so close to just taking XV off my system because its damn near 61 GB

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Stan shytty games brehs.

None of those songs did anything to trigger my memory. I played and beat XV. It was an OK game.

Plus you are missing the point. You can still have great graphics and get away with certain things. Would you rather have 3 towns and one giant world map, or more towns and dungeons? Stylizing the world map would not kill anything. Spend your money where it actually matters. XV was fetch quests up the ass on the world map which was big as fukk with nothing to do besides kill x monster x times and bring some guy the drop. Terrible game design. The game had the water city, that other shop city, and thats IT. Empty ass game. You think thats good?

Even FFX tried something different by not ever really having you see the world map, and instead having transition areas. Why not at least do that?
Final fantasy 12 was the last game Sakaguchi worked on

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stan shytty games brehs.

Even FFX tried something different by not ever really having you see the world map, and instead having transition areas. Why not at least do that? (Persona 5 did this too)
You trying to shyt on Yoko Shimomura to big up Uematsu because you didn't like the game is laughable. The soundtrack was great and she's a great composer.

Somnus is iconic. Might not be Dearly Beloved level but when it started playing upon Noct and the gang returning to Insomnia at the end it was a great moment. The song has been getting praised for over half a decade and you don't remember it? Yeah sure.

llt23

All Star
Daps
These songs have no melodies. Nothing to stick in your head.

Its a far cry from her work on SF2 where every1's theme is classic. And yeah I dont know that shyt, and I def dont wanna hear that shyt plus vocals

I think I need to add this. The game design is the issue not the composer. Where are the character themes? Where are the town themes? Overworld themes? Dungeon music???

Music just didnt even play enough for you to remember it. The Ifrit fight sure the music was good but you know...you only heard it once and thats that. Where was any music when you were doing anything on the world map? Only thing I really remember music wise is when you rode the chocobo, its the only time they did music right in XV.

Using Persona 5 as an example you will remember that music from the coffee shop years down the line cause it always played in there. FFXV threw that away. Series staple is gone.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Looks clean. Battle style takes some getting used to again because of the camera control but happy i copped. Wish it was on android

Selfish

Banned
Daps
Got the game for 14$ cuz of Amazon messing up :russ:
Can't really complain :yeshrug:
I beat that game when it came out Loved it will look forward to it again

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Game is aight. I like the combat system, but it's a little annoying that you have to buy literally everything (even licenses to use anything).

Not really feeling the story though. And it seems like Vaan has nothing to do with anything and is there just because. :dahell:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I played and beat the original when it dropped. It was straight and I liked it better than a lot did when it was released. Don't like it enough to cop again tho. Even with updated graphics.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Game is aight. I like the combat system, but it's a little annoying that you have to buy literally everything (even licenses to use anything).

Not really feeling the story though. And it seems like Vaan has nothing to do with anything and is there just because. :dahell:

The game originally wasn't even supposed to have Vaan and Penelo and was supposed to be built around Basch but SE brass didn't want an "old" character being the lead.

Daps
Reppin
The added speed up option is amazing on this game especially for grinds for loot and license points. RPGs need this option more often. :feedme: