Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the last FF game I liked and when i played it all those years ago I only remember it being slightly above average but good enough. I was going for the legendary weapons and quit. This is a grindy type game so prepare yourself

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I was a fan of the game when it came out, I liked that it took a different approach but adding the Zodiac Board makes building characters soooooo much better. This was definitely a good remaster, because I remember getting near the end of the game and not finishing because I was doing elite hunts and sidequests.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Never played this when it came out, but I copped today.

Seems ok...I'm only a few hours in but it seems like nothing has really happened yet storywise. Just got me running random errands that really don't seem like they have anything to do with the story.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Never played this when it came out, but I copped today.

Seems ok...I'm only a few hours in but it seems like nothing has really happened yet storywise. Just got me running random errands that really don't seem like they have anything to do with the story.

Game doesn't pick up until about the 10 hour mark.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its as simple as no Sakaguchi and no Uematsu. No vision and no direction without the OG's.
Sakaguchi can't even get work outside indie mobile games these days. As for Uematsu he did the soundtracks and XIII and even XV have great soundtracks without him.

The problem is HD. Back when Sakaguchi was producing these games they didn't need to be as cinematic as they do now. The games were simpler to make.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Sakaguchi can't even get work outside indie mobile games these days. As for Uematsu he did the soundtracks and XIII and even XV have great soundtracks without him.

The problem is HD. Back when Sakaguchi was producing these games they didn't need to be as cinematic as they do now. The games were simpler to make.

Sakaguchi not getting a massive budget RPG doesnt mean hes washed. The fact that the current crew gets the greenlight from Square shows that they are out of touch with gamers.

Uematsu didnt do the soundtrack for xiii. The XV soundtrack not that memorable. Only song I remember is the battle theme. No disrespect to the music person for the game but there really wasnt much memorable shyt. And while driving most of the time you were listening to music from past games.

The idea that the games need to be over the top cinematic is what killed the franchise. Storytelling is dead, stories are too convoluted and ridiculous, plus the characters now are usually cringeworthy. shyt is just embarrassing.

Theres no reason they cant follow the old format and just make it HD. They just forgot their roots. They could be clever and stylize the world maps ala PS1 era, you dont need to make it a full fledged area which kills the whole budget. From there you can make everything you need in the RPG. Other devs are doing it. Dont give them wack excuses

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sakaguchi not getting a massive budget RPG doesnt mean hes washed. Uematsu didnt do the soundtrack for xiii. The XV soundtrack not that memorable. Only song I remember is the battle theme.

The idea that the games need to be over the top cinematic is what killed the franchise. Storytelling is dead, stories are too convoluted and ridiculous, plus the characters now are usually cringeworthy. shyt is just embarrassing.

Theres no reason they cant follow the old format and just make it HD. They just forgot their roots. They could be clever and stylize the world maps ala PS1 era, you dont need to make it a full fledged area which kills the whole budget. From there you can make everything you need in the RPG. Other devs are doing it. Dont give them wack excuses
So you remember none of these songs because I remember them all.

Sakaguchi got work with both Microsoft and Nintendo last generation. It didn't work out and he's stuck in mobile now. Takahashi got work with Nintendo and now his company is a subsidy of them and his games are among the featured holiday releases the years they release.

Final Fantasy has remained cutting edge graphics for a long time. They aren't gonna put out some scaled back PS1 level game in the HD-4K era and have it go on to be as successful as the series is in general.