IMG-3617

IMG-3616

IMG-3615

IMG-3614

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Zack was almost completely inconsequential to the story. (Especially with how we know there's an infinite number of Zacks now). Literally Venom in Spider-Man 3 type shyt where he was shoehorned in for cheap fan service and easy sales. They could've done without him or at least added the whole Cloud realizing what really happened during those 4 years for added story context. It just made him fighting with Cloud feel gimmicky at the end without the story build up outside of a couple extremely brief scenes.

The ending wasn't as bad as the reviews made it. The "moment" was overly sensationalized but they had a decent send off for Aerith at the end with you not sure if Cloud is tripping because of degradation or Aerith's spirit did something to him during the last fight. Kinda annoying how everyone was letting Cloud slide for tripping so much, and he shouldve been scrutinized a little more.

The Temple of Anicents and Cait Sith levels were super trash but a lot of cool bosses there (ex. Demon Wall(s) and Red Dragon fights were insane). Fighting Vincent's Limit Break form right before was crazy too.

The stuff about the Gi creating the black materia was cool and I hope its explored a little more in the next game. I dont remember this stuff at all from the OG game.

I'm guessing Rocket Town and more on Vincent are gonna be in the next game but it would've been cool to see more Turk interaction with Vincent, when he showed up after the fights with Rude/Reno and Liz/Tseng.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The ending wasn't as bad as the reviews made it. The "moment" was overly sensationalized but they had a decent send off for Aerith at the end with you not sure if Cloud is tripping because of degradation or Aerith's spirit did something to him during the last fight. Kinda annoying how everyone was letting Cloud slide for tripping so much, and he shouldve been scrutinized a little more.

Barret punched him in the mouth 😂

But i think they are going easy on him because they know the other soldiers are falling apart and they think it might be happening to him also. I think the inclusion of rosch was actually a great payoff and i didn’t like his character at all in the first part. Showing how a soldier can turn into a seph clone was interesting.

I 100% agree about Zack, his inclusion was completely fan service-y and dumb. Also Biggs and Wedge being kept alive after the plates fell was kind of stupid. Wedge didn’t do anything of significance after he lived and the plate falling on him was such a good an powerful scene until they reversed it two hours later. Way better than just getting pushed out the window by the whispers.

Biggs just feeling survivors guilt and ending up being shot was so dumb lol. Like what was the point? In the end the whispers aren’t really doing much to change the story, which is fine with me but it just feels like they are used when the writers feel like shaking something up, but they didn’t really need on-screen representation to do that.

It makes sense that cloud is still fukked up, remember he literally gives sephiroth the black materia in the northern crater still. I also like that Rocket Town and Wutai are being saved for part 3.

I’m not gonna lie though I’m gonna miss Aerith’s goofy ass as much as I clowned her the entire game. I didn’t care for her character at all in the original but SE did enough to get her hooks in me for this iteration. Tifa being the only female representation in the party is gonna feel weird.

Edit—-

Forgot about Yuffie lol

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
After a few video explanations I've got a decent grasp on what's going on except for how Sephiroth appears to the non-Cloud characters. He can appear as a clone wherever the black robes are, that makes sense but how was the rest of the party experiencing the whole exchange outside the temple with the black materia? Are they actually seeing Seph?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After a few video explanations I've got a decent grasp on what's going on except for how Sephiroth appears to the non-Cloud characters. He can appear as a clone wherever the black robes are, that makes sense but how was the rest of the party experiencing the whole exchange outside the temple with the black materia? Are they actually seeing Seph?

Yeah, they saw him because Aeriths explanation is that Sephiroth beat the dog shyt out of cloud for the black materia.

Also remember Rufus sees him as Glen also

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Yeah, they saw him because Aeriths explanation is that Sephiroth beat the dog shyt out of cloud for the black materia.

Also remember Rufus sees him as Glen also

So Cloud is glitching out because of the Jenova cells and Sephiroth influence and he sees him and Aerith getting cut from that black materia bridge by Seph. In reality Sephiroth is just bodying him and taking the black materia but still needs him to carry it north to cast meteor.

An alt timeline Aerith hands main timeline Cloud the white materia and sends him back. Cloud is still caught with one foot in 2 timelines, but has both white and black materia now?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So Cloud is glitching out because of the Jenova cells and Sephiroth influence and he sees him and Aerith getting cut from that black materia bridge by Seph. In reality Sephiroth is just bodying him and taking the black materia but still needs him to carry it north to cast meteor.

An alt timeline Aerith hands main timeline Cloud the white materia and sends him back. Cloud is still caught with one foot in 2 timelines, but has both white and black materia now?

I’m pretty sure cloud still had it after the temple of ancients in the original

Maybe im misremembering

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Cid came off as too nice. I know modern sensibilities means he not gonna have a cig in his mouth and and pack on his googles, but i expected more cursing.

Barrett still far and away the best english actor in the series

They overestimating the popularity of Zack and gonna end up making him disliked. he works better as a reveal than a regular character but i expected it when they poster for the game has him front and center

wedge should've just died when the plate fell. Jesse is proof of that, as it hit pretty hard when the party see's her poster at the golden saucer.

Aerith's death scene was fumbled. and it seems like its pretty clear they are keep her front and center in the next part.
The death scenes in the og game were really impactful, and they did everything to cancel that out in this remake.

They did a good job showing Clouds subtle transformation. by the time we got to the ancient temple i was starting to be concerned for the party with him around. Him chasing after aerith was out of horror flick low key. loved that.

All in all they still are sticking pretty close to the source material which i like, but they are ruining some pivotal moments by assuming everyone knows already what is going to happen and trying to do something random to make it a fresh twist.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I also think they made cid too ‘good looking’ :dame:

I never really saw Cid as a ‘pretty boy’ like character like how he looks here. This is how they made him look in kingdom hearts

ES9nuBlX0AAI1br.jpg

Advent Children

GAxA7oAbIAElJAR

I guess they figured a 32 year old shouldn’t look 50 :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I swear they could have taken Zack out the game and not a thing would have changed. How do you put this guy on the cover and have him be completely irrelevant to the story?:patrice:
There is a setting to cut the Zack content out of the game on chapter select mode.
As if they knew going in :mjlol:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
So what was the big reveal here like in Remake when Sephiroth hit the 7 seconds. They're saying they sent Aerith to purgatory in this one. smfh.