Film Room Goat Gallery #25: "WILLOW" (1988)

Is Willow a Goat?

• Yep, classic 80s

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • No, just not good enough

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We need to get this shyt back on track though I think @MartyMcFly you should pick the next one then @FlyRy then me and then back to randoms again because the order lately has been all messed we need to ride this back on a structured push

*waits for @FlyRy to nominate something else and it’s gets voted down again :lolbron:

Well the plan I have is for the person who nominates their shyt to then nominate someone else when it’s done. But I got no problem going after this cause I’ve had my movie for a while

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well the plan I have is for the person who nominates their shyt to then nominate someone else when it’s done. But I got no problem going after this cause I’ve had my movie for a while

We need to get this shyt back on track though I think @MartyMcFly you should pick the next one then @FlyRy then me and then back to randoms again because the order lately has been all messed we need to ride this back on a structured push

*waits for @FlyRy to nominate something else and it’s gets voted down again :lolbron:

I won't do lost boys since its too obvious.

I have another which you brehs will probably vote down. Filthy casuals

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This movie was my shyt. It was one of the main reasons I fell in love with the fantasy world. It had such a big push when it came out too. So many licensed products and toys from it. Some of the effects were kind of groundbreaking at the time too. I wanna say there was a morph scene in there that was a big deal back then.

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie, and Val Kilmer killed his role as Mad Martigan. I agree with whoever mentioned it that this wad probably his most charismatic character to date. Didnt even know that this was a big box office failure then, as i honestly didn't give a fukk how movies performed financially as a barometer of success back then.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Not sure why I got tagged in a Film Room thread :prodigylol:
I’ll go ahead and drop a Mobb gif though to celebrate my newfound acceptance in the Film Room :prodigylol:
CQWzyZS.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Did y'all 3 snobs even drop your opinions or y'all just gonna conspire together like some hoes? :sas1:
I voted no personally. I was never huge on Willow,and I watched it again recently when I was on a fantasy kick(dark crystal,labyrinth,lotr,hobbit,potter etc) and it didn't hold up for me.

I could definitely see why you nominated it and I wouldn't argue anyone for voting for it but for me it didn't pass the reality over nostalgia test.

Those first two Potter films are :francis: that cgi and acting hasn't aged well already.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not sure why I got tagged in a Film Room thread :prodigylol:
I’ll go ahead and drop a Mobb gif though to celebrate my newfound acceptance in the Film Room :prodigylol:
CQWzyZS.gif
It's good to get some new blood.

Basically this series we are doing is people are nominating films that we love and Put it to a vote on wether it belongs in the colis goat films list.

So you can vote and come back next week and vote on the next nominee as well :ehh: if you like

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yes, this film is a classic. It's basically the premise for LotR, with baby replacing the One Ring to Rule them All. I pulled the DVD out earlier this week to watch, but never got around to it. I was babysitting my bad a$$ nieces a few months ago, and took them Willow, after 20 mins they were all sitting down watching the movie. There's only one effect that doesn't hold up and that's the giant troll/dragon.

First let's talk about 17 year old Warwick Davis carrying this film on his back. Willow is self-doubting, but capable, wise, brave, naive and optimistic. Warwick was a helluva actor. He should have had more than Leprechaun roles after ths, but the movie flopped. And Val Kilmer as Mad Martigan, the greatest swordsman who ever lived. Their chemistry was everything you want from the 2-leads. The battles are classic - General Kael vs Airk, Kael vs Mad Martigan, Tir Alseen, even Bavmorda vs Resell. The movie has quite a charm and excellent score. If you own the DVD/BR watch the commentary and behind-the-scenes doc.

BTW Lucas and Claremont did the sequel via books. They are trizzash. Well, I never actually finished the trilogy but 1.5 books into and it's trash. First, apparently they can't use the name "Willow" so he's Thorn Drumheller