Film Critics Are Overwhelmingly White Men

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How to be passionate about films when your people are under-represented and represented stereotypically.

I can see why most film critics would be white in America because most films in america are white

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It makes sense but it’s also a duh. But there are deeper reasons for it. For some black or Hispanic or Asian writers it may be hard for them to be passionate about things that don’t always reflect their world.

On the other hand, getting into the industry to be a professional writer on any level ain’t easy. You gotta be in the right position at the right time and get a blessing. But it works better if there’s a person in charge who looks like you and identifies with your race or gender. So it’s an uphill battle already and that just makes it tougher. I owe any writing gig I’ve gotten the past few years to my man Gotty, who took a chance on me cause he liked my shyt. But had Gotty not been a black man? Idk. I’d like to think it wouldn’t have mattered cause I’m that dope lol but I could be wrong

Side note @Dominic Brehetto wonder woman is officially called Wonder Woman 1984 and Pine is back

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It makes sense but it’s also a duh. But there are deeper reasons for it. For some black or Hispanic or Asian writers it may be hard for them to be passionate about things that don’t always reflect their world.

On the other hand, getting into the industry to be a professional writer on any level ain’t easy. You gotta be in the right position at the right time and get a blessing. But it works better if there’s a person in charge who looks like you and identifies with your race or gender. So it’s an uphill battle already and that just makes it tougher. I owe any writing gig I’ve gotten the past few years to my man Gotty, who took a chance on me cause he liked my shyt. But had Gotty not been a black man? Idk. I’d like to think it wouldn’t have mattered cause I’m that dope lol but I could be wrong

Side note @Dominic Brehetto wonder woman is officially called Wonder Woman 1984 and Pratt is back
All white people look alike to you huh Marty :troll:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Whites sure do love reviewing hip-hop music though :scust:

No rule that says they can’t breh. I’ve worked with at least one white guy at smoking section and he knows his shyt better than most black people I know. And he can actually write. So yeah no argument from me on that one. Dude is a close friend of mine and I’d put his knowledge up against anyone I know of any race.