Fighting Games Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I really liked KOFXIII too, but not enough peeps play online cuz the net code was too tough. It got a lil better after the patch, but still wasn't all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to job being ghey.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: is netcode?

Wish they would put art of fighting games(more snk games)on live. I broke my neo geo trynna install a bois chip.:snoop:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: is netcode?

Wish they would put art of fighting games(more snk games)on live. I broke my neo geo trynna install a bois chip.:snoop:

JagsFanWTF.gif

You're in a fighting game thread in 2012 and you don't know what netcode is?

:heh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:manny:

How often do you see me in here? Obviously I'm new to the thread. And I don't play online. Is netcode common knowledge to casual gamers, if so :snoop:

Not your fault breh, you just gotta realize us fighting game fans are a ruthless bunch.

Netcode is basically computer code designed to take into account the lag in player move inputs. This allows for fighting games to play as seamlessly as possible while giving each player to have a good chance of winning based on their skill and not losing due to the delay in moves. This is hard to do becasue for every fighting game you have to make a different netcode to account for the different fighting systems.

So far, The Street Fighter games have the best netcodes, especially Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I've said this a million times but I'm getting back into marvel. might even see what this SFxTK 2013 update is all about

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I've said this a million times but I'm getting back into marvel. might even see what this SFxTK 2013 update is all about

Watchin SCR huh? Marvel is great. Gonna try to rock some of that as soon as I get a chance.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps

as a online warrior SFxTK has the best net code.......

I always liked the game and only stopped playing it because no one played it :sadcam:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
as a online warrior SFxTK has the best net code.......

I always liked the game and only stopped playing it because no one played it :sadcam:

They'll be back on the 29th.

Or not :manny:

If they were smart they'd discount the dlc characters too