FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
its been over 15 yrs since I played that game and I wasn't thinking about that stuff back then. some cat on neogaf claimed barrett was a bad black stereotype. was he c00ning it up in that game?

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Hell yeah barrett was a straight up c00n. He spoke in ebonics and was constantly saying dumb shyt and doing dumb shyt. Plus he tried to play daddy to a cac bytch.

This is a Japanese game they have white people all up in their games and love these jiggaboo c00n characters:yeshrug:. I just hope they change his character in the remake tho

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Barret was a hood ass dude tryin to end shinra corruption
tumblr_ni87v5IOk21rvxid3o1_r2_500.gif

fukk all yall nikkas
he was real as fukk... And if it wasnt for him Cloud would be still a depressed faq...
:dwillhuh:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Barrett doesn't even get half the credit he deserves. This guy put EVERYTHING on the line, single handily started and lead a revolution and gave the most dangerous organization on the planet that work. He also woke up everyone around him. He wasn't just "trying to be father" a white girl. He was father to everyone around him. People didn't rally around cloud. They rallied around Barrett, who would have outbursts from time to time because no one around him cared as much as he did.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I liked the character. Yes he was based on a stereotype of a black man, but i thought they still wrote a quality story for him.

Wasn't like he had big pink lips and was eating watermelon.

He was a real ass nikka that started the revolution.

And I used him for the entire game. Those of you saying you didn't use him might be the c00ns:ufdup: