FF7 Rebirth flopped

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if this has been said, but I think trying to milk 3 full priced games out of a remake is bullshyt.
:camby:
They giving us 3 full games off it
Part 1 and 2 was already amazing with 2 being on fukking steroids
I spent 100hours+ on pt 2 alone
Yall crying about it can just go play the damn psx game
While the rest of us will enjoy this generational shyt they are doing :ahh:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Xbots acting like 2-3m in a week is a flop while celebrating being 10% at best the sales of the “successful” dragons dogma 2 :dead:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They should try being an actual 3rd party company and releasing games on all platforms.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
It didn't flop

It clearly didn't "flop". We'll probably get official numbers next month. Anecdotal but I know a few people who skipped XVI but bought Rebirth.

These are struggle tweets from fans of the game.

The Japanese sales from the 1st tweet aren't good and the 2nd tweet has no context or source.

You will never hear people say 'we finally have sales data...' for games that sell well.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Square must regret taking the Sony bag because Final Fantasy franchise is on a decline and the name doesn't hold the same weight. I have no clue what they were thinking delaying PC releases for their games because in today's market you need the PC audience. The most important part of the video game sales cycle is the hype cycle that is the first month of a game release. Once a game is out of that cycle it's tough to gain back sales when you release games later. You need a BG3 level of game to get away with delayed release on a platform.

I enjoyed the game for the most part, but I feel business wise it was a mistake to make it 3 parts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yep. You see it. It's always cac tweets until he posts one.

Then it's not about the amount of games sold, it's about hours played.
And here you play dumb as if you don’t understand the difference between random unsubstantiated rumors, and actual numbers from the person who’s job it is to know said numbers.

Sony stan’s :smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These are struggle tweets from fans of the game.

The Japanese sales from the 1st tweet aren't good
? It isn't good? What? It sold what XVI did in 10 days in 1 day isn't good? and that's only physical numbers.

and the 2nd tweet has no context or source.

You will never hear people say 'we finally have sales data...' for games that sell well.

It was #2 best selling game of February with only one day of data since it released at the end of the month.

The only struggle here was your post.