Fellas if you could do ya life over. Would you get in tha industry?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
it's hardly frustration as much as it is my personal experience coming through. it's like talking with someone who doesn't have a talent that they work on and they're telling you what it takes to develop. someone who doesn't work with music telling someone who does what it takes.

Shut up :pachaha:

Do you produce music? Yes. Are you a producer? NO. So dont talk on something you dont know. Same way I didnt make this thread about being a jazz musican. Just because somebody is a beast a playing basketball. Doesnt give them the right to speak on what it takes to become a soccer player.

Like I said before. There is a difference between learning a DAW and learning a instrument. shyt ask any producer on this website here how long it took em to start pumping out tracks. All this shyt you are spewing does not apply to what im talking about.

Now if I made a thread about being a jazz musican or playing instruments. Then maybe your ramblings would be welcomed :upsetfavre:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i would be a producer, i played around with frooty loops back in the day and you have a longer shelf life i think. less chance of being a one hit wonder and basically establish the trends of the time based on your music

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Shut up :pachaha:

Do you produce music? Yes. Are you a producer? NO. So dont talk on something you dont know. Same way I didnt make this thread about being a jazz musican. Just because somebody is a beast a playing basketball. Doesnt give them the right to speak on what it takes to become a soccer player.

Like I said before. There is a difference between learning a DAW and learning a instrument. shyt ask any producer on this website here how long it took em to start pumping out tracks. All this shyt you are spewing does not apply to what im talking about.

Now if I made a thread about being a jazz musican or playing instruments. Then maybe your ramblings would be welcomed :upsetfavre:
do you produce music? are you a producer? do you play an instrument? do you do anything musically inclined aside from listen to it?

even your basketball to soccer comparison is wack because they're both athletes. they're doing different things but the amount of work is equal...

:comeon:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
do you produce music? are you a producer? do you play an instrument? do you do anything musically inclined aside from listen to it?

even your basketball to soccer comparison is wack because they're both athletes. they're doing different things but the amount of work is equal...

:comeon:

nikka me and boys own a marketing and production company :wtb: . And yea I do produce music :umad: . I aint no timbaland. But Im making a lil extra bread off it. My boy Dj's and mixes. He cakes heavily off that too. All it took him was 2 years to get where he is at right now. And he DJ's all over NY. Sooooo what do you gotta say about that? :mjpls:

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
nikka me and boys own a production company :wtb: . And yea I do produce music :umad: . I aint no timbaland. But Im making a lil extra bread off it. My boy Dj's and mixes. He cakes heavily off that too. All it took him was 2 years to get where he is at right now. And he DJ's all over NY. Sooooo what do you gotta say about that? :mjpls:

:duck:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
A song writer.

alot of songwriters start off as prospect singers/rappers/producers. In the case of prospect singers and rappers a lot of times the label doesnt feel they have the image, voice, or whatever to be a visable artist but if the person can write good songs they keep them around as writers. As the case of producers thats like the ultimate package being able to produce and write, you going make alot of bread.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
nikka me and boys own a production company :wtb: . And yea I do produce music :umad: . I aint no timbaland. But Im making a lil extra bread off it. My boy Dj's and mixes. He cakes heavily off that too. All it took him was 2 years to get where he is at right now. And he DJ's all over NY. Sooooo what do you gotta say about that? :mjpls:

you saying he's only dj'ed for two years? or he's only networked for two years. and if he's only dj'ed and mixed for two years, i bet he's not that good compared to someone who's been at it for longer, no matter how much he's "caking". which was my point from the beginning when you decided to bring up those rappers. money =/= skill. you can't just be like, i'm gonna do something for x amount of time, then i'll be good.

now as for you and your "production company", how long have you been doing that?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
For me since its already what Im doing it would be producer, I just wish I started earlier tho

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
you saying he's only dj'ed for two years? or he's only networked for two years. and if he's only dj'ed and mixed for two years, i bet he's not that good compared to someone who's been at it for longer, no matter how much he's "caking". which was my point from the beginning when you decided to bring up those rappers. money =/= skill. you can't just be like, i'm gonna do something for x amount of time, then i'll be good.

now as for you and your "production company", how long have you been doing that?

He did both at the same time. DJ n Networked.

Whole org been at it for like 5 years :shaq:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
It makes me feel happy to see people living their dream. I have quite a few friends that are either celebs or worked with celebs. I have a lot more that are talented and not getting that kind of recognition. Keep doing your thing Romaniti. (When I see your name I think of Romani Ranch from Zelda. -.-)