Fellas if you could do ya life over. Would you get in tha industry?

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
fukk a producer I'd wanna be a huge rap star. Drop a few classic mixtapes that have "real hip hop" then when the internet has built my buzz I'd sell out on my debut call it Illmatic 2 and get everyone to talk. Then take the LMFAO Flo Rida route and party and make millions off of one song and coast.

:myman: im in the process breh

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
now, i imagine the life of a rapper/producer/rockstar is slightly easier than that but its rare that the laziest, most non committed person gets put on. so, either way, you're gonna have to put in some serious work if you really want to get put on...

soulja_boy.jpg

wbaob7.gif

gucci-mane-high-v2.jpg

482_omg-yes-lil-wayne.gif

Ehhhhh I think I'll take my chances pops :youngsabo:

Funniest part is that all these guys make more money than you :lolbron:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
shyt is easier than ever nowadays. :mjpls:

All you really gotta do is study pro-tools/fruity loops for a couple of years. Make a website. Buy some followers off twitter. Have some skills and dm a couple of A&R's on twitter. And you will be plugged in.

If you could go back to 16 how would you play it out? I would work on my skills for 4 years. Then get on my network grind at 20. I would prolly be plugged in at 24.

I used to think shyt was hard. Until Ive seen this kid i used to go to school with go from typical white boy to underground NY artist in a matter of 6 months :skip:

With the internet it is so easy to eat. Home boy got a million views on worldstar, 100,000 views on youtube, and is doing songs with Cory Gunz. Opening for Mobb deep and J.Cole. Touring all over the country eating good. He is like 23 and is prolly seeing close to 6 figures off that touring shyt. shyt is funny to me. He even doing interviews with DJ enuff at Hot 97. I was making fun of this kid like 2 semesters ago :dwillhuh:

ProducerHQ

So lets say hypothetically you a had 100% shot of making it. Would you guys quit ya jobs and go for it. Or do ya love what you are doing in life right now :shaq:

breh when you said this i automatically thought of that line in that Jadakiss song Letter To Big

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
soulja_boy.jpg

wbaob7.gif

gucci-mane-high-v2.jpg

482_omg-yes-lil-wayne.gif

Ehhhhh I think I'll take my chances pops :youngsabo:

Funniest part is that all these guys make more money than you :lolbron:
do you know how many clowns there are exactly like these people you posted that don't get put on? i mean, you keep on trying to push the argument that it's easy but it isn't, not even in the slightest. it's easy for about 10 or so rappers. but think of how many are trying to get put on that think the same way as you?

and be for real, they make more money than both of us and they're clowns so the argument shouldn't even be one based on monetary value.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
do you know how many clowns there are exactly like these people you posted that don't get put on? i mean, you keep on trying to push the argument that it's easy but it isn't, not even in the slightest. it's easy for about 10 or so rappers. but think of how many are trying to get put on that think the same way as you?

and be for real, they make more money than both of us and they're clowns so the argument shouldn't even be one based on monetary value.

Black people do the same thing with the NBA. "Well he made so everyone else can." The exceptions swallow the rule a lot in these conversations.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps

Did you not read my 1st post? No1 said its gonna be a cake walk. But it damm sure is easier to make things happen for yourself now than before.

Before getting in the game was hard because it was a anomity to the average consumer. You didnt kno much about the process and the average cat couldnt afford the equipment to produce music.

But nowadays technology has leveled the playing field. Trust me breh I used to party promote. Im connected and im around cats who are getting deals left and right.

100 thousand dollar cameras are now replaced with 2000 dollar dslr's and camera kits

Producing music is more acceisble to the everyday cat cause now we dont need to buy outboard and amps and quanti's , ASR and Mircrokorgs which would cost over a 10gs to amass.

Now all you need is a computer, a midi keyboard, and some VSTs which cost 500 at the most and you got the same tools the greats used to make their music from back in the day.

My advice to anyone who wants it. Lock yourself in. Focus on what you need to learn and go chase it bruh's. In this day and age, record labels are collapsing and new avenues of music are opening up. The game is changing. Most of my favorite cats nowadays did it all by themselves. Its entirely feasible

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
The rap game is dying out due to saturation imo, so I would pick a producer. I'd produce for all different types of genres

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Did you not read my 1st post? No1 said its gonna be a cake walk. But it damm sure is easier to make things happen for yourself now than before.

:comeon:

you laid out the ground work by saying this...

All you really gotta do is study pro-tools/fruity loops for a couple of years. Make a website. Buy some followers off twitter. Have some skills and dm a couple of A&R's on twitter. And you will be plugged in.

you made it sound like a five step plan, which it isn't, no matter how cheap shyt is, no matter how accessible your music is to your audience. you forget the fact that because these things have occurred (technological advances, price reduction, popularity of the music), more people will get into it making the "talent" pool much more larger than before thus turning it into a situation where you actually have to work hard to do good for yourself...

either way you slice it, to get put on, you're gonna have to do some serious work...

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps

you laid out the ground work by saying this...

you made it sound like a five step plan, which it isn't, no matter how cheap shyt is, no matter how accessible your music is to your audience. you forget the fact that because these things have occurred (technological advances, price reduction, popularity of the music), more people will get into it making the "talent" pool much more larger than before thus turning it into a situation where you actually have to work hard to do good for yourself...

either way you slice it, to get put on, you're gonna have to do some serious work...

4 years of strictly studying the music and the functions of these programs doesnt qualify as "serious work" :dwillhuh:

nikka those is college years b :stopitslime: .

Anyway most important of all is, you are gonna need to be connected. You need to know somebody who knows somebody. Fortunately enough.

I do :shaq:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
4 years of strictly studying the music and the functions of these programs doesnt qualify as "serious work" :dwillhuh:

nikka those is college years b :stopitslime:
no, it isn't enough. you don't just say i'm going to do something for four years and i'll be good at it, especially when it's a talent. developing a talent is a process, not a matter of product.

no professional person (or musician more specifically) talks about how much time it'll take before they master something, they're only concerned with continually working until it's evident they have...

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
no, it isn't enough. you don't just say i'm going to do something for four years and i'll be good at it, especially when it's a talent. developing a talent is a process, not a matter of product.

no professional person (or musician more specifically) talks about how much time it'll take before they master something, they're only concerned with continually working until it's evident they have...

You just rambling now b.

Im feeling frustrated jazz musicans vibes right now :mjpls:

There is a difference between being a musican and being a producer. Thats a whole different argument. Because I know how ya "musicans" feel about producers who sample and dont learn "musical theory".

I see it all the time. Ya hate on keyboard producers n mpc users. Trust me man. There is a difference between mastering a saxophone and getting good at a DAW. It shouldn't even take you more than 1 year to get to Lex Luger status on fruity loops. shyt Lex luger himself said it only took him like 6 months.

KingX

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a rapper/producer if i ever make it im gonna do shyt with my money that these rappers couldnt even fathom. You think jay starting a clothing line was something, ha.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
You just rambling now b.

Im feeling frustrated jazz musicans vibes right now :mjpls:

There is a difference between being a musican and being a producer. Thats a whole different argument. Because I know how ya "musicans" feel about producers who sample and dont learn "musical theory".

I see it all the time. Ya hate on keyboard producers n mpc users. Trust me man. There is a difference between mastering a saxophone and getting good at a DAW. It shouldn't even take you more than 1 year to get to Lex Luger status on fruity loops. shyt Lex luger himself said it only took him like 6 months.
it's hardly frustration as much as it is my personal experience coming through. it's like talking with someone who doesn't have a talent that they work on and they're telling you what it takes to develop. someone who doesn't work with music telling someone who does what it takes.

it's like :comeon: you really think you're gonna tell me something i haven't experienced before or something i don't know?

sure you could tell me little fun facts and miscellaneous information, but nothing about the process. and notice, i haven't even taken any opportunity to actually degrade any producer/rapper/rockstar in any of my posts (aside from those clowns you posted), so this "bitterness" you speak of that musicians have against producers who don't study is really you projecting an idea on to me. if anything, i'm saying what they do involves work similar to mine and that it isn't easy. if anyone's diminishing the skill in their work, it's you. the whole premise of the thread is that it's a four year process, and i'm saying it isn't. so how are you going to say i'm hating on them when you're the one making their work seem easy?