Federal Reserve cuts interest rates

Spence

Superstar
Daps
More people on this board need to be talking about this. It’s going to MASSIVELY help the job market and confidence.

Granted we aren’t getting another cut in October since the fed is off that month, it’s still big since the expectation was a quarter point.

If we get to more quarter point cuts to end the year it “should” be a very merry Xmas for everyone.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Just bought a home which I slightly overpaid 5-10k but closing in October. Prices about to go thru the roof with additionally people in market, good luck to those who was waiting. I wanted to get in before more buyers come and sellers get all power. Hope this helps with car prices though, I'm trying to buy a new one next year and not trying to pay 1k a mont for the most basic shyt

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just bought a home which I slightly overpaid 5-10k but closing in October. Prices about to go thru the roof with additionally people in market, good luck to those who was waiting. I wanted to get in before more buyers come and sellers get all power. Hope this helps with car prices though, I'm trying to buy a new one next year and not trying to pay 1k a mont for the most basic shyt
Got an offer accepted on a spot a couple weeks ago, closing scheduled for mid October. Probably going to lock in the rate Monday.

shyt probably about to get nasty soon. Insane how I'm looking at high 5s now and going :blessed:when the condo I bought in 2021 was at 2.75%.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Does anyone know the ratio of Fed cuts to commercial rate cuts? iirc it's not 1 to 1
So a half point Fed cut could mean avg commercial rates go from 6% to like 5% or something like that

What does this mean for the stock market?:lupe:
Dow already up 300 points since the announcement

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
More people on this board need to be talking about this. It’s going to MASSIVELY help the job market and confidence.

Granted we aren’t getting another cut in October since the fed is off that month, it’s still big since the expectation was a quarter point.

If we get to more quarter point cuts to end the year it “should” be a very merry Xmas for everyone.
How will it help the job market?

I’m not sure this will make companies stray away from the path they currently on?