So Cal
kobe off the backboard to himself.
tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo4_400.gif

tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo3_400.gif

tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mufsexgQdQ1qcmnsoo5_r1_400.gif

he even looked to pass, before yaw haters talk about ball hogging.

tumblr_mumpsrux7c1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the moves I tried to apply to my game.

Grew up in Cali watching Magic & Kareem shoot the Skyhook.In fact, my earliest memory is when Magic hit that skyhook to win a game against the Celtics in the '87 Finals.That's when the love of the game first entered my body.Hit me like the holy ghost.
Champs_4Magic_470.gif

I was 5 years old, in kindergarten, Compton Avenue Elementary, shooting skyhooks with a soccer ball.By the time I was in 4th grade, I'd damn near mastered that shyt.I could hit running hook shots from college 3pt range by that time.

And then when we'd go visit my grandmother who lived in Scottsdale AZ, I'd catch a lot of Suns games.Started noticing Kevin Johnson.One of the coldest hesitation dribble/pull up mid range J's of all time.I always prefered his handle over Tim Hardaways.His crossover wasn't as fancy, but just as effective.With KJ, it was hesitate, studder step, between the legs, and right by your azz.Straight to the point...I loved that shyt.He was also the best I ever seen at finishing with both hands.Right hand layup, left hand...didn't matter

Then came Penny.Loved his back to the basket game.Just had that craftiness to it.Really neat shyt.
penny-hardaway-crazy-move-o.gif

penny00.gif

These new cats like to try'n shyt on Penny, but his game mixed the cerebral with the athleticism more than most.Technician with a matured game---but then had the athleticism to dunk on your ass.

And don't laugh, but Rex Chapman.The way he would come off screens, square up, with that quick ass release.I needed that in my arsenal.The elevation on his J was crazy, to.Hard to find any footage that highlights it, tho.Here's him going off on the '96 Bulls

And yeah, I always loved the Piru Pierce step back J

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Shaq's "Straight bulldoze a nikka" move

On that note: was I the only one who used to :pacspit:At nikkas saying he "sucked" cause he wasn't shooting threes and doin crossovers? And1 mixtape really was one of the worst things to happen to basketball :snoop:

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Shaq's "Straight bulldoze a nikka" move

On that note: was I the only one who used to :pacspit:At nikkas saying he "sucked" cause he wasn't shooting threes and doin crossovers? And1 mixtape really was one of the worst things to happen to basketball :snoop:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not necessarily my fave and it sounds strange but Corey Brewer's layups on a fast break can be pretty spectacular. Just the way he contorts his body to get around a defender to put the ball up. Not many players can do that.