Fatman Scoop passes out and goes into Cardic Arrest on stage at park jam in Hamden,Ct. Now Confirmed R.I.P Fatman Scoop

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Rip dude made some hits and you'd hear his songs on different genre radio stations

My condolences to his family

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
:wow: @ even his last words being “make some noise”
:mjcry: Fatman Scoop, thank you for everything…RIP

Looks like he was really working hard. Amd it must've been hot in there too. Damn shame. Dehydration alone can cause these issues. Drink water brehs

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
to have "If you came to party... make some noise" being his last words is some epic way to go out. but real talk, this should be a lesson for this generation to take better care of themselves, all that partying and abusing your body with drugs and alcohol (i'm speaking in general from the 90s 2000s era) will def catch up to you in your 40s and 50s. In hindsight, nobody was that educated about it, artist would just go and do what felt right to them at the time. There was no social media or tons of awareness to stay in shape like everyone's obsessed with now. Hell, nobody cared how they look, it was no constant taking pics and having an update of how you looked everyday, the 90s and early 2000s we're just a "FEEL RIGHT" era, if it felt good, f*ck it :hubie:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I can't even remember attending a party growing up without hearing a Fatman Scoop x Crooklyn Clan Party Break. He had the ability to not only give hit records more energy & make them better but he made them HIS. His party breaks were legitimately cheat codes for DJs. You could cut on a Fatman Scoop Party break & it could get a similar reaction to the hottest record in the world.

As a former DJ, there were some nights where you just get lost, don't know where to go or just need an energy boost. I could throw on a Fatman Scoop or Crooklyn Clan party break just to lift the energy + kill 2-3 minutes until I could get to another record & figure out what direction to take the party next. I actually cannot even imagine spinning without his beaks in my collection. He was that IMPORTANT!

I actually heard he passed around midnight last night because some of my friends are in the music business and worked with him. Very sad.......but I take solace in that he passed doing what he loved.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

This was heat back in the gap

R.I.P.

Was just gonna post this. I'll never forget when I was working for my high school and me and this cool chick that was working with me heard this joint and the video came on. It was in the summer of 2001 and I was about to be a senior and she just graduated. We were jamming to it. Rest In Power Fatman Scoop. Amazing DJ Voice

Last edited: